December 2011 Zoom-Kelsey Davis (snow092)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redidbull

Congratulations for winning the December 2011 Zuwharrie Owner of the Month!

How does it feel being honored along with the past winners?

Very surreal! I still can?t believe I was chosen. I?m very grateful.

So tell us about you.  Who are you, where do you live, and what do you do for a living?

My name is Kelsey Davis, but lately i?ve been known as PFC Davis. I?m originally from Albuquerque, New Mexico, but the Army currently has me in Fort Huachuca, Arizona, just starting out my career. I?m a student at the University of New Mexico and plan to get my bachelors degree in Biology.

Tell us a bit about your family.

My mom, Sue, is a teacher at a local high school in Albuquerque... she?s my life line. I don?t know what I would?ve done these past few years without her. My dad, Lee, owns his own business in the town over, and has helped more than a few times with the infamous Samurai issues. My boyfriend Bryan has been in my life for just under 2 years and has also fallen in love with the off road community! Although he drives a Wrangler, he?s still amazed with what Zuk?s can do with less modifying! Maybe one day we can get him over to the Zuk side!

How did you get started in Suzuki?s?

Suzukis actually kind of came to me! My dad was looking for a cheaper 4x4 for my first vehicle and a Samurai appeared on ebay! It was in great shape... had been towed behind a trailer for years. He snatched it up and went to pick it up out in California a week later. Once he brought it home, I just thought it was the cutest little car ever! I learned to drive a manual transmission with it and it became my first daily driver. Little did I know what I would be doing with it years later!

How long did it take you to build your Zuke to what it is today?

It?s been about five years now. The first four years it was completely stock. Wheeled great too! After time, however, the years started taking their toll on it, and I decided to give her new life again.

Any changes in store for your rig?

Many! I plan on re-gearing her soon, adding a winch, new rear bumper, roll cage....any Zuk owner will tell you that one can never do enough!

If you could have anybody else?s Zuk, who?s would it be and why?

There are so many amazing Zuk?s out there! I feel like I see a new one every month that I am jealous of, and I say to myself ?That?s what I?m doing to mine next!? But if I had to pick one that I?m recently jealous of, it would have to be Skyman?s. He?s done some awesome CUSTOM mods to his that you can?t buy in a box. I think that?s what makes awesome Zuk?s... custom work.

What has been your best wheeling adventure?

Out south of where I live in Albuquerque, there is this place we call ?South Eu?, and it is pretty much an unfinished housing development that sits in the city run off. When it rains down there, some serious mudding goes on! Before it was closed off by the city, I would go down there all the time and get stuck in the mud. I remember one specific time we went when it was still raining and I got so stuck in the mud my friends had to get out in above knee mud to push me out. To top the night off, my friend drove his old Nissan pathfinder next to where a drainage pipe was dumping and COMPLETELY disappeared. He was able to get out, but we had to call in the big guns to recover the truck the next day after the rain! Lets just say it was no longer drivable!

If you could go to any place in the world to wheel, where would that be?

In 2007 a German adventurer beat the Jeep Wrangler out of the highest altitude set by a four-wheel drive with his Suzuki Samurai on the Ojos del Salado in Chile. I?ve always wanted to go there and see for myself that specific mountain!

Who are you closest to in the Zuwharrie community?

Honestly I?m still pretty new in the Zuwharrie community! I?ve had help from a handful of great members, however, and plan to get to know more in the future!

What other toys/hobbies do you put a lot of time into?

I love snowboarding. It?s been my passion along with my sammy for years now and just recently I?ve started competing nationally in boardercross and slalom. I?m hoping that I?ll continue to do well at competitions and keep it up for years to come.

What is it about the Zuwharrie.com BBS that brings you back for more?

There is such a diverse group of people! I learn something new every time I log on and am constantly wowed by the creativity that people put into their cars. It also gives me a chance to connect with others that share the same passion that I do.

What about the Zuwharrie Event would you like to see changed?

Honestly, I don?t know much about the Zuwharrie event! I haven?t been to one yet... but one of these I?ll load up and make it out to one! Until then, I can just envy the pictures!

Contact Information: Kelseyone@comcast.net   
Name: Kelsey Davis
Zuwharrie user name: snow092
Nickname:
Email:  kelseyone@comcast.net

Main Vehicle Specs:
Year: 1988 
Make: Suzuki
Model: Samurai
Color: black

Driveline:

Steering:

Suspension: 5? BDS samurai lift kit

Tires/Wheels : 31? BFG All Terrain

Armor : Custom made front and rear bumpers

Interior : New vinyl seats by yours truly, custom rear speaker insets, tuffy security console, Speed Liner to full inside, cow print roof lining.

Exterior :

Recovery gear : My two hands and some rope!

Best Modification:

Worse Modification: BDS lift kit (stiff!)

Pic1 Me
Pic2 Out on the trail (of course i'm the only zuk)
Pic3 Bryan and I
Pic4 Out on the trail in the Rio Puerco, NM
Pic5 The jeep and sammy
Pic6 how the sammy sits today

Attachments

• ZOOM.webp
    ZOOM.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 454
  • ZOOM2.webp
    ZOOM2.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 417
  • ZOOM5.webp
    ZOOM5.webp
    37 KB · Views: 424
  • ZOOM6 (Small).webp
    ZOOM6 (Small).webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 442
Congrats!  Best of luck with the rest of the build.  I say that like they ever get completed......... :-X ;D  And good luck with the biology degree.  [thumbsup]

beekiller said:
  I say that like they ever get completed......... :-X ;D  And good luck with the biology degree.  [thumbsup]

But mine is finished ??? ???  Well, except for the propane and the axles, and the coilovers, and the stronger engine, and the ...  you might be right.

Congratulations! Much hard work has gone into your zuki and many more parts in the garage to still install! You are amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom