Breakfast, Riverside Edition

OneBiteCannibal

Life is good when you are fishing on the riverbank with the wonderful aromas of fresh coffee brewing, breakfast sausage frying, and Vadalia onions carmelizing in real butter. And also whatever smell that is Nugget has latched onto and is digging up right over there for some reason.

20220615_080015[510].webp

Can't think of a better breakfast venue than that! Are you planning to spend the weekend Paul?  I know your work schedule is a bit different. Nugget won't mind though. ;D

beekiller said:
Can't think of a better breakfast venue than that! Are you planning to spend the weekend Paul?  I know your work schedule is a bit different. Nugget won't mind though. ;D
Yessirrrr, it is a nice spot where you're in the shade pretty much all day with all the trees (The same area that has the mud hole that eats tiny-tire-Samurais like it did mine earlier). No on the weekend; I spent a couple of days during the week. Yea, with my weird schedule I'm only off Monday through Thursday (and Friday daytime) every week so I have to squeeze in activities like this when I can. ;)

On a side note, spotted a big old snapper laying her eggs in the sand nearby (pics to follow).

Here's a coupla pics of the snapping turtle as she was laying her eggs in the sand near the trail. She was a pretty good size, I'd say about a foot in diameter although I know they get a good bit bigger.

Laying her eggs:
DTN_7431.webp

Turning around to begin burying them:
DTN_7467.webp

Nugget's reaction to this rare event:
DTN_7460.webp

On Nugget's behalf, I should say that the Snapper was very well camouflaged. She never even noticed the turtle, which is probably a good thing. Nugget would be somewhat less cute I think with her nose gone. 

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom