Yota power steering pump install.

Bama Zuk

Ok here is what I started with: Yota IFS pump, mounting bracket for a 22r motor and tensioner for same pump/ bracket.
IMG_0893.JPG

I used the stock taped holes in the block to mount to.
IMG_0894%7E0.JPG

Started by cutting & drilling  some pieces to mount the bracket to.
IMG_0898%7E0.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

My home made bracket for the stock yota bracket to mount to,all welded out ,drilled and painted.
IMG_0903.JPG

Mounted to the block
IMG_0904.JPG

I had to clearance the stock yota bracket some to clear my header.
IMG_0895%7E0.JPG

IMG_0897.JPG

Yota bracket mounted to my bracket. Just make sure you have the pulley in line with the front v of your double row pulley on the crank
IMG_0905.JPG

IMG_0906.JPG

Pump all mounted.
IMG_0907.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

Then I took the yota tensioner and just mounted it to the yota bracket strait up (it was straight out on the yota 22r)
IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0911.JPG

Every thing back together and just an old belt I had wrapped around it to see how it all will look.( still have to measure and get the right size belt.

All I like now on the power steering install is to decide whether or not to run a cooler and plumb it all up.

Looks good. I was thinking of trying to make the yota p/s adjustable itself for belt tension but maybe ill just go and grab a stock tensoner.

looks much easier.

msmoke said:
Looks good. I was thinking of trying to make the yota p/s adjustable itself for belt tension but maybe ill just go and grab a stock tensoner.

looks much easier.
It worked out great for me ;D

Run a cooler, better safe then sorry.

Work looks good man! I just got mine done.....man what a difference!! I can turn my 32's when the zuk is sittin still with the palm of my hand.

yep, get a cooler Richard. Mine uses a tensioner from a ford. kind of like the A/C units had.  Looks good. Are the truck pumps that much better? Asking so if the day should ever come that I have to replace my pump, I will know. my pump is still pretty much new though

Where do I get the double row pulley for yota pump applications on a 1.6 or 1.3? The one for the block to drive the pump? Yours looks kinda rusty, did you get it off another junk yard vehicle? Awesome bracket btw!

Man that looks a simpler than it seems trying to start from scratch in your head.  Thanks for the pics and write-up, nice!

wagoatzuki said:
Where do I get the double row pulley for yota pump applications on a 1.6 or 1.3? The one for the block to drive the pump? Yours looks kinda rusty, did you get it off another junk yard vehicle? Awesome bracket btw!
Mine came from a 1.3 with AC.
I'm not sure on the 1.6's

FGZ said:
Man that looks a simpler than it seems trying to start from scratch in your head.  Thanks for the pics and write-up, nice!
No problem.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom