windshield brakets for $10 NOW PICS!!!

supazuk

OK I found a really cheap trick this weekend? I was trying to make a bracket to mount KC lights on my windsheild frame? but I couldn't find angle iron that was big enough ..? then I cruised over to NAPA and there I found .. those aluminum mirror mount CB antena brackets, $10 for 2 .. all I had to do was cut it in half, below the? 2 holes, grind smooth,and bend the top a bit to increase the angle. The holes are the right spacing and size for the 2 top bolts in the windsheild hinge ( i replace them with metric allens) and the hole on top for the antenna was the same as the post on the lights? it was tooo easy. some wire loom under the corner of the hood and its done
light1.jpg
light2.jpg
light3.jpg

btw I dragged that toyota in the back ground out that day for my roommate  twice lol  isn't it funny they laugh at you untill they are the ones stuck lol

Looks good, all but one thing. Now everyone will think that I copied you with the wiper fix.  ;D  Good ideas hit us Zuk heads, hmm.  ;) I wish that I had seen yours before I done mine, that way I could say that you inspired me.

yeah mine wipers broke one day so bad it was hanging out on the hood it straight fell out? i had a wire looped through the cab that i would pull one way and a passanger would pull the other ( had to alway drive with a buddy for 3 days till i cut the diomond plate ) lol but i had to drive my zuk lol

I know old post but.......................

Could you use those mounts for attaching side mirrors to sammy when you have no doors on?

Just a thought
Steve

Genchaos said:

Could you use those mounts for attaching side mirrors to sammy when you have no doors on?

Just a thought
Steve
I bet there is a mirror that you could put on it. Might have to get creative.

Genchaos said:

Just a thought
Steve

I would say yes. I built a 1 off combo bracket but there never seemed to be much interest in them. No holes to drill. Jim
IM000921.JPG

what did you use to build those.?  that is a great idea, combining light brackets and doorless mirror brackets.  you should surely do a write up on these.  or even make a couple and sell them. [idea]

jinu213 said:
what did you use to build those.?  that is a great idea, combining light brackets and doorless mirror brackets.  you should surely do a write up on these.  or even make a couple and sell them. [idea]

1/4" aluminum for the mirror bracket and 3/8" for the light. I bolted the 3/8 piece on so that it can be removed if you want to take the light off. Jim

do you have a closer shot?  i've been looking to do this for a while but free time has been hard to come by, plus with christmas less than a week away.  if you could get a closer shot i'd really appreciate it.  i just want and idea of what everyone else has and maybe i could create something from bits and pieces of what they look like.  thanks in advance.

i'll see what i can do .. all i did was cut between the four holes  and then bent the bracket ... i since made then work with a fold down hinge!

hey i dunno if its just me do the pics not work for anyone else? just look like little boxes with a red cross thru them? n e way to see the pics, cheers

Maybe supa will see this and send you the pix. You could try looking in the gallery under his name. Maybe he put them up. Jim

just noticed this post again
here are some pics.
they are old pics from when i first did it in the last one I had an early aftermarket 4x4  Z link
0427450-R1-046-21A.jpg

Christmas_2.jpg

light1.jpg

light3.bmp

lightclear.bmp

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom