Trail tool storage/mounting

Zippy

Not sure what everybody else is doing as far as trail tools and keeping them secure.  Here is what I came up with.  I carry the Pulaski axe since I am on the fire department and we end up fighting brush fires.  It also doubles as a standard axe to clear the trail with if needed.  The shovel is one that I just picked up at our local Ace hardware.  It was only $5.89......can't beat that.  The mounts are from Northern Tool.  $12.99 per pair.

tools1.jpg

tools2.jpg

Post up some ideas about other ways you are carrying your trail tools !

Kevin

I built an aluminum bed cover with places to store tools.  I also added a place to store a first aid kit, water, and oil on the back door. No pix of that yet.

IMG_1504w.jpg

IMG_1507w.jpg

You can see more at...
http://members.cox.net/zooky/bc.htm

Heres mine ;D kinda hard to see but I built a steel bulkhead that I attach a plastic back window to with snaps and velcro straps around the rollbar for cold weather, makes my Zuk a 1/2 cab, the axe and shovel attach to the bulkhead. the green handled pruning shears and orange saw are just wedged in behind the shovel, we had just been out cutting trails at my buddies property.  Weed
100_1941%7E0.jpg

100_1944.jpg

Weed

hagve you got a better pic of the back of your with everything loaded on it? Looks like a cooler and couple of bins?

Thanks ;)

VA88ZUK said:
Weed

hagve you got a better pic of the back of your with everything loaded on it? Looks like a cooler and couple of bins?

Thanks ;)
Patrick, here ya go, the two outer coolers are removable and the center expanded steel (all sides) box is permanent with a hinged top door, it holds chains, strap, snatchblock etc. it all sits in a custom fabbed permanent framework. thats about all I have for a decent pic of it :P.    Weed

100_1131.jpg

DpSyChO said:
My local NT doesnt carry them >:( ( or was sold out)

I ordered mine online and they were backordered. I just got them on Thursday last week. The site still shows them BO.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200324675_200324675&issearch=25551

Kevin

i have my 4 way my hatchet and my mallet in my tailgate, spare and tiny shovel and highlight in "bed" and big shovle between windhsield and hood

This is just the beginning of what I want to store in/around my tailgate. A 3 foot hand shovel, camp axe, jumper cables, and a tow strap. I used 4 clip set mounts from the hardware store($3.99 each)to mount the shovel and axe, And to hold the tow strap in place I used a framers nail bag to keep my strap organized and clutter free. I later want to mount a first aid kit on the tailgate, a tire plug kit and a small recovery kit. But for now, I just want to find a neater way to store my jumper cables in place. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Tool storage 1.webp
    Tool storage 1.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 513
  • Tool Storage 4.webp
    Tool Storage 4.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 383
On my tailgate, I took a Bucket buddy, and cut it once, held it up to the edge of the tailgate, and ran self tapping metal screws into it.  I have storage for most of tools and stuff that I use on a daily basis.

Caleb

Warpig said:
On my tailgate, I took a Bucket buddy, and cut it once, held it up to the edge of the tailgate, and ran self tapping metal screws into it.  I have storage for most of tools and stuff that I use on a daily basis.

Caleb
thanks i have a bucket budy thats new 8 years ago and now you gave me a use for it :)

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/ab/boss/bo01056.htm?L+coastest+hdpq2981ff5ad75a+1180521481

There are two slots where the handle of the bucket goes.  I just cut in one of them, unfolded it, and held it level across the tailgate and screwed it on.  I put like five across the top and one or two on each up right across the gate.  It works great for thos little tools you use a lot.  Like my little screw driver for the throttle and carb adjustments, or a flash light. or Allen wrench sets.  Stuff you use a lot.

Caleb

I dont put very much back there that would hurt ya.  Or you can take it off during extreme stuff.  I took mine off at the zu just in case I flipped.  I put it back on for driving around town and simple trails.

Caleb

I am in the process of working in some more trail tool storage ideas. I will post pics when done. All I can say is my backseat aint ever going back in the Sammy.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom