Timing

zukiman

I am trying to get this timing page from the Suzuki FSM posted...  It was too big so now it is hosted by the bbs...  If it doesn't work then I will get Derek or ChrisL to help...

timing.jpg

The deal is the FSM says that the center of rotor and clamp should be in line, but I have to turn mine 180 degrees out and then it was fine...  I am willing to bet that you are going to have the same problem with the one you just bought.  If it runs really rough like it is, mark where it is on the case, take it completely out and turn it 180 and put it back in, I bet it will run like a champ!

Just had to do the same thing the other day when installing the engine in the Blue Mule. I turned the crank untill the arrows aligned, then installed the disty. It was out 180, I then turned the crank until the marks aligned again, and turned the disty 180 back to the #1 plug wire location. If you will notice, you have to turn the crank two complete revoulutions to get the disty back into position.

I had this problem with my Zook, but when i hit the key it blew the muffler inside-out and my wife thought i blew the house up. Flipped the distributer around and vrooom.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom