Time for the roll cage

rokzuk

OK guys (and gals) it's time in my project to build the cage. How about posting some pix to help me in my design. I am planning a internal cage and a front tube clip of some sort. Well lets see'em

Not an internal cage, just an exo.  I was unsure about the internal cage b/c the Zuk is soo small inside as it is.  Anywho here she is: (sorry about the quality-took it with the phone)
zukexo3.jpg

zukexo2.jpg

zukexo3.jpg

Got Stinger?

It looks like an alien rectal probe! Was there a reason to build it that big, or were you just taking it to an extreme? Also, how badly does it get in the way when working on the motor? I had thought about doing a stinger, but I envisioned a major pain anytime I needed to adjust the valves, do a belt, or anything like that.

Otherwise, I like the cage! Clean, simple, yet it looks very functional. No, I'm not going to scream "MORE TRIANGULATION" at you. I do think it would be funny, however, to build a cage that was nothing but triangles. Hundereds of them!  ;D

Reason for the big stinger (I think the pic makes it look even bigger imo) is that I've had her near verticle; on the nose.  Needless to say I never want to be in that position again, especially not with the wife with me.  It's enough to get the job done and a little to boot.  It really doesn't bother me when I'm doing maintenance, actually I use the two bars (put something across them) and use it as a seat ;D .  Only complaint is getting out from under it and smaking the dome on it...that was a good old m f this and that moment.  I'll try to get some descent pics of the thing, along with my new upgrades. 

BTW the whole time we were building the cage:
"Hey...HEY, are you sure we don't need more triangulation?"

DSAMI4X4 said:
HERES MINE

DSAMI,

I saw your rig in a magazine a coupel of yrs back. may have been petersens. You guys were in slade, KY wheelling w/ WGOR and KY KRAWLERS.

i like the tube clip ;)

so far these are really cool pics!!!  I was wondering are there any of a tin top with an exo...that is where I'm headed.

hey noontime. good to see ya over here on the zu. im rsm688 from mississippi mud. there are some pics of tintops with exo's ive seen on here i will search around and see if i find them

I could have sworn I saw that sweet honey of a LWB for sale in seattle on ebay when I first started looking for a sammy. It has a turbo diesel in it doesn't it? Toy axles, coils and the whole shebang? I seem to remember those tires listed as something along the lines of 45's or something really ginormous like that. Or maybe it was on one of those autotrader web sites. You never forget a rig that rediculously slick. ;D

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom