Stuff I'm working on that has nothing to do with a samurai.

I finished this up yesterday, its a 66 bug that I just got done fuel injecting. It uses the "Mexican" fuel injection hardware and a megasquirt for control. Its port injected and also runs a distributor less ignition system for full control of the timing. Its a 36-1heel arrangement. I built the air box for it that uses a stock Miata air cleaner. The owner is a big spec Miata racer so I thought that was a nice touch. I cut a hole in the "hood" for air flow to the filter. According to the sensor data, it was worth about a 40* reduction in intake air temp. Car ended up making 101rwhp and 127tq. Its actually pretty darn fun to drive. 

View attachment IMG_20230606_081611.webpView attachment IMG_20230606_081625.webpView attachment IMG_20230606_081600.webpView attachment IMG_20230621_075326.webp

My buddy Matt is building this burb. Its a 5.3 I put together for him a nd a fresh 4l60. He has a bit of a habit of jumping all the way in, running out of talent and then abandoning them on my door step with an envelope of money. 
My portion was building the engine, rebuilding the AC system, and building an exhaust for it. I'm about done.

View attachment IMG_20230624_085735.webpView attachment IMG_20230624_085747.webpView attachment IMG_20230624_162944.webpView attachment IMG_20230625_123755.webpView attachment IMG_20230625_131128.webpView attachment IMG_20230625_125627.webp

I was in the middle of finishing it up last night when my friend Logan showed up in his new 3/4 tom burb. Its pretty cool. A bit rusty in sports, but livable. I love the color.
View attachment IMG_20230626_210759.webpView attachment IMG_20230626_210813.webpView attachment IMG_20230626_210832.webp

This is Cooper, Cooper is RAD.
View attachment IMG_20230626_210822.webp

Today will hopefully see Matts burb finished and this Spec Miata for the dyno. This car is pretty competitive, the kid that owns it is only 21 and he is a real wheel man. I see him dominating after a bit more track time and some real focus on his craft. He really drives this thing aggressively.
View attachment IMG_20230627_075518.webpView attachment IMG_20230627_075525.webpView attachment IMG_20230627_075535.webp

Thats all folks!

Cool bug! Years ago a group of us frequented the local 1/8 mile dragstrip Thursday nights. You know, that was "test and tune" night where you run any and everything. We ran street bikes. There was an older lady in a Thunderbird Turbo coupe who was a regular. Then there was an older guy in a bug. I know little of the engine build, but he always said it was all bolt on stuff from JC Whitney. The thing had a huge whale tail on it. He broke many hearts with it. Young kids with high HP Mustangs fueled by ego left crying on a regular basis. They had huge power advantages over him, lope, lope, lope. They had huge top speed advantages over him. But that bug would LAUNCH!! The kids, despite their motor superiority, simply couldn't run him down in an eighth. The guy never lost a run that we saw.

Any update on any projects? I always looked forward to seeing the stuff you work on.
Thank you! I always appreciated the interest.

Unfortunately since the "update" non of the old pictures populate. So I just don't see the point, at least until or if that gets fixed.
I have my own personal opinions on the new platform in general that I've just kept to myself as I'm afraid it just wouldn't be taken as constructive.
But yeah, the death of the thread is kind of a gut punch for me as well. Especially for a forum that sure looks like it could use almost any kind of content to stay alive.

Thank you! I always appreciated the interest.

Unfortunately since the "update" non of the old pictures populate. So I just don't see the point, at least until or if that gets fixed.
I have my own personal opinions on the new platform in general that I've just kept to myself as I'm afraid it just wouldn't be taken as constructive.
But yeah, the death of the thread is kind of a gut punch for me as well. Especially for a forum that sure looks like it could use almost any kind of content to stay alive.

I couldn't agree more. I've been manually editing my pictures in and it is a huge pain in the rear. But the shop thread must go on. Its only been around for 8 years.

Unfortunately since the "update" non of the old pictures populate. So I just don't see the point, at least until or if that gets fixed
To reiterate, the next software update allegedly will have the fix, according to the developers. We'll see.

I have my own personal opinions on the new platform in general that I've just kept to myself as I'm afraid it just wouldn't be taken as constructive
You, or anyone else is both welcome, as well as invited, to share thoughts so long as they are, in fact, constructive. If it isn't necessarily agreed doesn't mean it isn't taken as constructive, and is no indication it wasn't taken under advisement.

1000019247.webp

Ha! you now have more working pics in this thread than I do!!!!
Can you reformat to jpg for upload? I'm looking at procedures to convert existing webp images to jpg so they'll work prior any fix. This is a killer thread, along with some other great content uploaded other places too. The last software didn't support webp all that long but it would be wonderful to recover it all.

I asked. I got no reply. Do you mean changing uploads from here on out, or do you mean a way to to change the uploads I have already posted on this thread? If there is a way I can change the pics i have uploaded to now work, then I am totally on board! I will do whatever is needed.

I asked. I got no reply.
Sorry, my bad. I think I read it on the run and forgot to revisit.

Do you mean changing uploads from here on out, or do you mean a way to to change the uploads I have already posted on this thread?
Either, whatever you want to do. Replacing the existing pix may be quite a chore, though you're welcome if you like.

Before you do either, make your decision based on as much information as is available to us currently. The software devs website confirms webp support in the coming update. The speculation is the update should likely be available next month. It becomes a question of timing then, if you prefer the efforts or the wait.

I'll be glad to help any way I can. I'd love seeing the continuation!

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom