Snorkel

tunahelper

sn10.jpg

Here's a pic of the snorkel I made with a exhaust hose from a Waverunner jet ski.  The hose is about 2 3/4 OD and 2 3/8 ID.  It is about 3+ feet long with a few bends in it.

sn1.jpg

Moved battery to drivers side.  Needed new starter cables and grounds. 

sn2.jpg

Made hole in firewall for intake tube.  The 2 red hoses are the breather vents for diffs, trans. and t-case.

sn3.jpg

Cut the hose into a few pieces and used a section of 2" PVC pipe, a 90 elbow, a few clamps, and the stock air cleaner.

sn4.jpg

I bought this ram air inlet for the Weber on Ebay.  Put on one hose elbow.

sn5.jpg

Add stock air cleaner.

sn6.jpg

Cut another hole in Samurai.  Also note the holes drilled in windshield drip rail,  these will hold the snorkel.

sn7.jpg

I cut the flange off one side of the elbow and stuck in the snorkel with some RTV

sn9.jpg

Fitted PVC pipe to the snorkel with 90 elbow and to the air cleaner with a small section of hose.

sn11.jpg

Can cooler rain cover

Most all the parts I used, I already had.  See if there is a jet ski repair shop around.  There are lots of junk jet skis here in FL.  Ask your local watercraft repair shop if they have any old hose,  they should give it away.  I think I paid about $40 for the carb cap.  I can't seem to find them now.  Pierce Manifolds has one but I can't find the price.

The only parts I had to buy for mine were 2 new hose clamps for $5.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom