September 2011 ZOOM : JD Arnold

Status
Not open for further replies.

redidbull

Congratulations for winning the September 2011 Zuwharrie Owner of the Month!

How does it feel being honored along with the past winners?

Im not sure how I got picked, but man what an honor!

So tell us about you. Who are you, where do you live, and what do you do for a living?

My name is JD Arnold,  I live in Wisconsin and work as a press operator for a local printing shop.

Tell us a bit about your family. 

My family consists of myself my very understanding girlfriend (often referred to as the wife) 2 step kids baylee 14 and brynlee 7 and toby the pup.

How did you get started in Suzuki?s?

with a geo metro. I loved the 3cyl and how it ran. I beat the snot out of that thing for 2 years and still drove it to the junkyard.

How long did it take you to build your Zuk to what it is today?

Longer than it should have. Its pretty much a stocker. I put a webber carb on it when the stock one went. Its got an electric fuel pump and heep filter. Im planning for a spool in the rear soon then the winch. Im kind of just upgrading as things break might not be the smartest way to do a build but it the kind of budget I have right now.

Why a Suzuki and not another 4x4?

My buddy had a tracker for a while and that thing would go anywhere my bronco 2 would go and then some. The decision was made after the motor in the bronco  let its guts go on the trail and the tracker pulled it home. When I finally found this one I didnt even look it over I just bought and have never looked back.

If you could have anybody else?s Zuk, who?s would it be and why?

That?s a tuff one, but if I had to choose it would probably be one that was built for Dylan, if he cant break it I would never be able too.

What has been your best wheeling adventure?

Any time I can get the sammi out and off the roads is a good trip. The best one lately was this spring for my birthday a lot of deep mud and good friends and going a few places the jeeps couldn?t didn?t hurt!

Who are you closest to in the Zuwharrie community?

I don?t know anybody personally, but I do consider the Zu an extended part of my strange interweb family

What other toys/hobbies do you put a lot of time into?

The wii and rc crawlers

What is it about the Zuwharrie.com BBS that brings you back for more?

The family like atmosphere and the wealth of knowledge. Everything I?ve learned about sammis has been form here.

What about the Zuwharrie Event would you like to see changed?

Just me being there! I haven?t yet but im hoping to be able to attend next year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact Information: jd.arnold36@yahoo.com
Name: JD Arnold
Zuwharrie user name: jd.arnold
Nickname: 

Main Vehicle Specs:
Year: 88.5
Make: suzuki
Model: samurai
Color: cream

Driveline: stock

Steering: stock

Suspension: stock (possibly original springs)

Tires/Wheels : 215/r15 uniroyal liberator ats on stock steel rims

Armor : dried mud from the last time I took it out

Interior : stock

Exterior : new paint

Recovery gear : big come along and the other truck thas with me. 2 small shovels

Best Modification: electric fuel pump

Worse Modification: webber.  Should have done more research and went with a myside

Future Mods:  WINCH  lock the rear ome lift springs rear disc swap

Other Clubs:

Comments:  cant thank you guys enough for all the info to this point. Also thank you for the honor of zoom hope to see you at the zu next year!

Attachments

• 775 (Small).webp
    775 (Small).webp
    51.1 KB · Views: 431
  • 811 (Small).webp
    811 (Small).webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 446
  • 820 (Small).webp
    820 (Small).webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 444
  • 845 (Small).webp
    845 (Small).webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 427
  • 858 (Small).webp
    858 (Small).webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 422
  • 865 (Small).webp
    865 (Small).webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 444
  • GetAttachment.aspx (Small).webp
    GetAttachment.aspx (Small).webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 446
did the same thing....
bot the lowest mile least rust rig i could find in the north east... peaked around it for a second..had the dude drive me.. for a second... knew he was honest about my 600 question (all based on studying at the academy of zuwharrie for a month prior).. bot it and drove 4 hrs back home at 2am

amazingly enuff... its an 86 with 49000 and zero rust...

guess dood was one of those troubled kids parents have kidnapped in the middle of the nite ...and taked from vt to ut... whr he bot the rig and towed it home...

the kicker... he gave me the wrong vin on my first trip to check and put cash for hold... so i really own his 87 tintop giant crawler...

eitherway... congrats man.. nice to see smbdy doing the same as i [thumbsup]

rstr

thanks guys! man what an honor. i still am not sure how i was chosen. i still think a logo added to my profile or a sticker for the zuk would be sweet. mabey ill just write zoom with my finger in the mud on it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom