Samurai CB Antenna Mount

Blue Ridge Runner

I often see folks looking for a way to mount their antennas on their rig. I took a piece of 2" angle iron and drilled a couple holes that matched the holes in the tailgate hinges. Drilled the hole for the antenna mount that I bought from Radio Shack and ground off the pointed edges with the bench grinder. Make sure that you use the insulator provided with the mount. Afterwards I hit it with the rattle can and its ready to go. This bracket has yet to bend and my SWRs are real low. Pics:

dec2006mods002.jpg

dec2006mods001.jpg

Looks good.  This is what I did for my Zook. 

AM2.jpg

AM1.jpg

I changed out the gray cable for an 18' black cable after these pics were taken.

firejunky said:
does anyone know where I can find a 10' whip? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

you can find em..shipping is what will normally get ya...check for a local cb shop/truck stop...
I've found a few at radio shack, have em look in the back, they're not big sellers and usually they're hidden in a tube on the top of the shelves...
this has worked for me a couple times

firejunky said:
does anyone know where I can find a 10' whip? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

you wont find a 10' whip, no such animal. you will however find a 102'' or 8&1/2' whip. radio shack or a truckers CB shop is your best bet. 102'' whips are still the best antenna you can buy and will take a beating under just about any circumstance.

don

as for the whip antenna you want a 9ft. whip not 10....
R&L electronics has these...probably available also in fiberglass if you want. This co. is in Hamilton,Oh.

Hope this helps,
Carl

Cool location for the mount Jimmy.

I don't really what I am going to go with. I might make a mount to go on the tire carrier.

David

thanks for the reply. the reason i asked is i had a big difference between channel 1 and 40 [low swr high swr , no matter what i did;grounding,several high end antennas,ect.ended up going with the fiberglass 102" wip [old relieable] on the rear bumper. maybe better ground plane?  i do run above average power ;D   

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom