Roof Light bar on convertable Track/Kicks

gmj2fast

Well lots of people have asked my where i got my light bar for the roof of the GMC so I figured i'd right this simple how to so people can make ther own Sorry for the lack of pics but I didnt take any when i made it.

Parts List :

*Light Bar ( I bought the KC HiLites one that is made to hook into the roof gutters on Chev Pickups)

*4 Grade 8 3/8th inch bolts about 2 inches long with washers and lock nuts

*Silicone Sealent

Alright when I got the Light bar it was 3 pieces (not including hardware) The actual bar and then 2 brackets that hold the bar up off of the roof of the truck. The bar is a universal type fit. It is made to be cut to length.  What I did is bolted one bracket to the bar and held it up on the targa bar on my tracker to see how much needed to be cut off.  Measure how much excess length you have.  DO NOT CUT THIS ALL OFF OF ONE SIDE !!!! If you do the holes to mount your lights to will not be centered.  Instead divide the measurment in half and cut off of each side. Now look at each bracket there are two pre-threaded holes in each one that the gutter clamps screw into.  Drill each of these out so that your 3/8 bolts will fit through.  Now bolt the brackets to the Light bar using the supplied carraige bolts, square washers and lock nuts.  Take your assembled Light bar and hold it up on the targa bar.  Mark the side of the targa bar where the holes in the bracket are This is where you will drill into your targa bar to mount the light bar.  Remove your grab assist handles, front seatbelts and inner Targa bar trim.  Drill Through the targa and push the bolts trough, install washers and lock nuts.  I also put silicone on the backside of the bolts and nuts to keep the water out.  Reassemble your interior Install some lights and your done.

Hope this helps someone , Im not really good at how-tos

Attachments

• tracknodoor.webp
    tracknodoor.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 647
  • lightbar.webp
    lightbar.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 523
Okay, I've seen lots of small pics of your rig.  How about some big ones?  Where'd you get the snorkel?  ???

Big Pig said:
Okay, I've seen lots of small pics of your rig.  How about some big ones?  Where'd you get the snorkel?   ???

Sorry i just bought this computer and i dont have a program to resize pics yet so the small ones are all i can post for now as the large ones are over 100kb.  here is the link to my cardomain page if you wanna see more pics:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gmj2fast2

I bought the snorkel from Rocky-Road a couple years ago.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom