Rocky Road 2" body lift install ( X-90)

whitfimb

Installing a Rocky Road 2" body lift onto my Suzki X-90.

By:  Antony (Wolf66)

Took about 4 hours and that was with air tools, would go faster knowing what I know now...

Kit Directions are next to useless.? Gonna need a jack and some jack stands and some lift blocks (unless you have a high lift jack) Remove headlights and rear lights, take off rear bumper cover. Undo all mounts, lift one side, insert lifts, lower, lift other side, insert blocks, lower almost all the way and bolt down that side, go back to other side lift a hair (enough to move and center blocks so you can get the bolts lined up) and bolt down that side.

Kit looks like this:? ?
content

5 blocks for each side,? rear bumper cover need to come off since it is attached to the body, can go back on when you are done but there will be a 2" gap at the top. I just took them both off and painted the styrofoam bumper pads black

long bolt goes through #1 which is behind headlights and only one done from the top, headlights must come out and I took off the front grille also.
content

#2 is easy to find and behind front wheel. The body bolts from here back all have a sleeve around the bolt which you take off and throw away, also use the kit washer instead of the stock one on the bottom. I used silicon to hold the blocks in place untill lowered.
content

#3? is just glued in and is halfway between #2 and #3
content

#4 is in front of back wheels
content

#5 is just in front of rear bumper. Took out rear brake lights to take rear bumper cover off.
content

They say to slack fuel drop hose at both ends 1/2 inch but i managed it just slacking the top.

Looks like this now:
content

content

content

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom