Removable tin top

Cam_87

Well this weekend is the day I start my tin top got all my plate to start cutting just need to make a cardboard template first and clean out the shop so I can fit the sami inside not a job I want to do in the driveway while its snowing. Im using 14 GA a1011 plate I got 5 sheets 60"x120" for free because someone wrinkled one edge I know its way more than I need but I couldn't pass up the deal probably going to pick up some .100 wall tubing for bracing the rear corners going to be interesting that's for sure pictures to follow 

Yep I don't care much for the fiberglass hardtops and at almost $1300 I can build one for cheaper and it won't crack on me plus I love the look of the tintops going to try and get as close to an original tin top sami as I can looks wise 

Or make it taller with those windows up high like an old land rover.

And make the rear a hatch back so you got somewhere to stand when its raining...

[idea] [idea] [idea]

I thought of making it larger almost like a camper but I think 14 gauge sheet would be too heavy I would have to beef up my springs definitely. honestly its probably going to look like a samurai panel van at first until I can find some windows to put in the sides and the back will be like the newer jeeps and lift up when open and tuck inside the cab on the bottom when closed id like to make it in two pieces one over the rear seats and a panel over the front seats think about using tj hard top clamps to hold it down and maybe some bigger round tubing for the rear frame of it almost like a roll cage 

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom