Rag joint eliminator

rockinredzook

I recently broke another rag joint on my sami. This is the second one in a month. I have a 3 in body lift and am locked up front. I never broke one until I locked it.  I used 2 stock steering shafts and 2  upper joints. I cut the splined end off the shaft about 3 inches up. I then took the other shaft and cut the lower joint off. The splined shaft will slide inside the the larger tube. You then install the shaft, mark the correct distance and then tack weld. Take the shaft back out and weld if solid. I drilled 2, 1/4 in holes and plug welded them back for extra security or piece of mind.When I get home I will add the pics. It turned out nice and cost very little with  all stock parts.  Andy 

Here are a few pics during the build. My batteries started to die so there are not many. Happy building. ::)             

Attachments

• samurai steering fix 001 (Small).webp
    samurai steering fix 001 (Small).webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 794
  • samurai steering fix 003 (Small).webp
    samurai steering fix 003 (Small).webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 791
Hello. I am about ready to do this mod.(right after I shut this computer down) Looks good. Any problems getting the steering shaft back in after everything is welded up??  I wonder if anybody carries those little u-joints, I noticed the one on the doner shaft has a little give to it.
BTW Great mod!!!

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom