quick release windshield hinges

Todd

Not much to write about. Found the pins at Tractor Supply for $1.99. Removed the hinges and knocked the stock pins out. I had to run a 1/4" drill bit through the hinges...........the pins almost fit without doing this. Bolted it back together. The box from TS says 1/4" pto lock pin. Cheap and easy.

Picture_116.jpg

dabomb5756 said:
Wait, my samurai doesnt have hinges, it has a metal plate. What are the hinges from? a 410?

You have to order a fold down kit...
Versions sold in the US did not come factory option even tho the parts are all factory parts.. ::)

Nice mod there Todd. Are those the hinges that were on my old 410? ;D  One thing, I would wrap the clevis on those pins so that it didn't rub the paint on that nice rig of yours. ;)

Question:  When bop'n around on the trail; does the windshield ever bounce up and come back down onto the hood?   

Comment:  I thought a wold down kit would be pretty trick.  Then I rode around with a guy in a sweet willy's on the 4th of july weekend.  Full cage; no windshield.... man did it suck!  I wanted goggles!  Anyone in front of you on the core trails and you were quite literally eating their dust  :P

morganm said:
Comment:  I thought a wold down kit would be pretty trick.  Then I rode around with a guy in a sweet willy's on the 4th of july weekend.  Full cage; no windshield.... man did it suck!  I wanted goggles!  Anyone in front of you on the core trails and you were quite literally eating their dust   :P

yeah, i almost bought a kit because i think it's pretty sick looking. then i gots to thinking. 1) for the kewl look, i need to ditch the targa. for me that means seatbelts, dome light, and about 30 phillips screws. my rig is a driver and sits outside so i need the top which means all that would have to go back on when i was thru.  2) didn't feel like bugs in my teeth or mud in my face. so, i will look to spend my bone on something that will help me wheel.

morganm said:
Question:  When bop'n around on the trail; does the windshield ever bounce up and come back down onto the hood?   

Comment:  I thought a wold down kit would be pretty trick.  Then I rode around with a guy in a sweet willy's on the 4th of july weekend.  Full cage; no windshield.... man did it suck!  I wanted goggles!  Anyone in front of you on the core trails and you were quite literally eating their dust   :P

i am not sure bout people who mod the fold down winshield but my 410 has a metal hoop on the hood. you just strap the winshield down to that.

I just checked the windshield fold down kit I purchased from PPO and it has those pins already supplied with the kit. I thought it was a neat mod and was ready to buy the pins and got a great surprise when I saw the hinges held together like that already.

i'have to see pics of the RRO kit  unless they changed it from the one on their web site you got a bonus kit
sure it folds down .. you do relize we are talking about completely taking the windshield off ?
BTW tod thanks for the tip worrked out slick
windshield.jpg

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom