Punkin Savers

Mutant Zuk

Back this spring youngest son Chris and I went on a ride  at Royal Blue,about a mile in on the main trail he found a rock high enough to knock a hole in his front diff. Bummer he thought we hadn't even got started and it was over!But we drained the diff of what was left ,cleaned around the hole and used some of the putty epoxy you can get at Wally World to fix it till we got back and could weld it.So I figured it was time to add some insurance to our rides. Easy to fab with5/8" to 3/4" rod and 1/4" to 3/8" plate ,heat and bend to shape weld up and go skin some rocks M.Z.
Punkin_covers_4.jpg

Punkin_covers_1.jpg

i added a little something to the pumpkin when i rebuit my front axle.

Attachments

• axle 001 (600 x 450).webp
    axle 001 (600 x 450).webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 715
xamtex said:

Is that pipe capping? It looks cool, but I would have left it completely covered for those pointy rocks.

Okay, ya'll are gonna laugh at me but here's what I have to save my punkin.? It's an old school trick my dad and all his jeepin buddies had way back when I was a kid.? I don't know what they called it but I call it "a front differential impact alarm".? You might see it as a cowbell.? It didn't take long for them to figure out that the whole idea was faulty...what's keepin the cowbell from ringing all the time?? Nothing, that's why it doesn't work...but you can sure hear me coming...ha ha

Attachments

• impact alarm 50.webp
    impact alarm 50.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 456
muskyslayr said:
Okay, ya'll are gonna laugh at me but here's what I have to save my punkin.? It's an old school trick my dad and all his jeepin buddies had way back when I was a kid.? I don't know what they called it but I call it "a front differential impact alarm".? You might see it as a cowbell.? It didn't take long for them to figure out that the whole idea was faulty...what's keepin the cowbell from ringing all the time?? Nothing, that's why it doesn't work...but you can sure hear me coming...ha ha
  I can see how that would work except for it being as close as it is to the diff it wouldn't give ya much time to avoid what ever rung it.And like you said on a trail it would be ringing all the time,it would be a good warning for small critters. P.I.T.A. don't like it when ya knock punkin dents in possum noggins ! ;D  M.Z.

Hey this seems like a good time to ask this question.  Suppose your punkins are already a little dented, is it possible to pop out the dent if you removed the third member and banged on the inside of the diff cover with a ball peen hammer or something? 

BTW, I was told a 6" well casing cap works great for pumpkin savers.  Cut it in half and it does both diffs. 

xamtex said:

Put that Ammo box to good use. ;)

Attachments

• Tool-box.webp
    Tool-box.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 395
  • Back-toolbox.webp
    Back-toolbox.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 359

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom