OOPS I did it again!

OneBiteCannibal

Well, I got completely stuck last week. This time while assin-around on a side trail near one of my fishing spots. This is only the second time my little Sami has been stuck. The previous time was in a similar mess (not pictured), which I did not know at the time had a name: Gator Pits, about which I was later told, "You need a set of 44s to get through that!" followed shortly by "Tires, stupid, not boobs!" after I glanced down at my T-shirt. I am guessing by the depth of the ruts in this latest mess that it requires at least 38DD tires.
20220601_151426[492]1028.webp

Anyway, for me, there is always some humor to be found somewhere in almost any situation or circumstance (which is why I am no longer invited to funerals), and this occasion was no exception:

1)  The captured candid reactions of my little dog Nugget in the two side views. They mirror exactly my first two reactions to the situation, and in the same order, which is basically lower case wtf, followed by uppercase WTF. (You might need to zoom in to see her expressions.)
20220601_152245[490]2mp1028.webp

20220601_152252[488]2mp1028.webp

2)  The not-captured reactions of my buddy's wonderful 10-year old niece, Lizzy, as muddy water suddenly filled the floorboards, which at the time, on her side, was where her passenger feet and legs were located (along with a Dewalt drill and two 5aH batteries, a walkie-talkie, a small charger, and some air bubbles that used to be inside them). By her reaction, I would say this was a new experience for her. She was excited, but all-in-all handled it like a champ, quickly abandoning ship through her open window and running through the woods back to camp to "get Uncle Mikey" (my buddy). I think she thought the Samurai was going to fully sink, like the Titanic or something. (She is not pictured because she was long gone before I decided to jump from ship to shore, rubber boots and camera phone in hand).

3)  Mikey and I winching inching a sucked-down-in-the-muck Samurai 20 feet or so backward with a Harbor Freight come-a-long, 2 tow straps, and 1 tree. No, I'm not kidding.

And what I mean by "Mikey and I" is kinda like what I mean when I say "we" rebuilt my Samurai's engine, with me mainly cleaning parts and handing him things I call tools, but he calls "No-the-other-one."

What it really means is: "6-ft-6-in-300-lb Mikey doing all the strenuous work pulling on that dang come-a-long, with its 4 feet of cable and inch-at-a-time travel (which, by the way, required tying off all over again to the tree for every 4 feet of progress, also Mikey), while I, now sporting knee-high rubber boots freshly topped off with a full load of muddy water inside from stumbling into the other 38DD rut hidden a foot to the left of the driver's door, was back in the driver's seat busily causing a lot of high-RPM engine noise and exhaust bubbles while one wheel on the front and back that weren't actually in contact with anything but muddy water did riverboat paddlewheel impersonations."

Here is where things stood about an hour later, at which point a guy in a nice pickup stumbled upon us and offered to pull the Sami out the rest of the way. You might guess that we accepted the offer.

20220601_155800[494]2mp1080.webp

Yep, fun times.

Dunking Nuggets is popular at McDonald's and other drive throughs. Didn't know chocolate was one of the flavors. Glad you got unsucked. ;D

beekiller said:
Dunking Nuggets is popular at McDonald's and other drive throughs. Didn't know chocolate was one of the flavors. Glad you got unsucked. ;D
That's funny right there now! [lol]
In real life though, Nugget has an uncanny ability to immediately find high ground, spare tire included. In the end, she was the only dry creature among us.

A local Craigslisting was offering pontoons at a great price I can send you the link if you want to go on trails like that as a habit   ;D

K Sparky said:
A local Craigslisting was offering pontoons at a great price I can send you the link if you want to go on trails like that as a habit  ;D
Thanks, but I already checked them out and they would look stupid because of sticking out way too far in the front, plus they had a dent on one side. On top of that, the pontoon adapter kit I bought online for a Samura turns out to be for the 200 ft Samurai Luxury Yacht pictured on their website. Who knew?

OneBiteCannibal said:
Thanks, but I already checked them out and they would look stupid because of sticking out way too far in the front, plus they had a dent on one side. On top of that, the pontoon adapter kit I bought online for a Samura turns out to be for the 200 ft Samurai Luxury Yacht pictured on their website. Who knew?

Ha ha Nice!!!

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom