No cost ashtray fix

dot4x4

Every ashtray that I've seen on any sammy is either broken across the top where we push it in, or cracked in a nice jagged pattern.  I took my dremel and cut along the bottom of the break rounding off the edges and coated it with a quick spray of hammered black.  Not exactly earth shattering tech I know, but better than spending 30 bucks for a new ashtray.  Its the little things that add up to make the inside that WE look at, nicer. 

Attachments

• PICT2208 (Medium).webp
    PICT2208 (Medium).webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 657
I used to have a CB that I could slide into that spot. Fit like a glove on OJ.  ;DSo once it was in it wasn't going anywhere.  [approve]

Freebird01 said:
the cobra 19dx2 i think is what i got and it fits right there
thats what ive got and it fits in my toyota ashtrat. dunno if it would fit in a zuk ashtray. ill go grab some dim-en-shuns (dunno how to spell it so i sounded it out)

I would LOVE to find a CB that fit in the original ash tray spot, a little massaging wouldnt be too bad, but that is the reason i havent bought one yet, i dont have anywhere "convienent" to mount it.

Anyone know if the 19dx2 will fit for sure (i''m at work and dont have my Sami to measure)

wflaw45 said:
4.5" Wx1.75" H

I used a old uniden I had, then it gave me trouble, so I bought a cobra mentioned above, and wouldnt work for the mounts/way I had the uniden mounted. The uniden was same width, but 1/4" shorter in height. So I had to go to the closest truckstop and get another uniden.
01010020%7E0.JPG

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom