My little LJ80 from sunny England :P

Emplan

Hi Guys,

Thought i'd introduce myself and my little LJ from sunny  :o  England.........

SuzukiLJ80002.jpg

SuzukiLJ80003.jpg

SuzukiLJ80025.jpg

SuzukiLJ80043.jpg

SuzukiLJ80042.jpg

SuzukiLJ80061.jpg

SuzukiLJ80073.jpg

SuzukiLJ80071.jpg

SuzukiLJ80078.jpg

SuzukiLJ80079.jpg

SuzukiLJ80080.jpg

SuzukiLJ80082.jpg

SuzukiLJ80086.jpg

SuzukiLJ80084.jpg

SuzukiLJ80085.jpg

This is as far as I have got, obviously changed the colour to Westminster Blue (old Jag colour), new 16" boots, need to change the seats, need new exhaust, new blue mohair hood, already changed the shocks to ProComp es1000...........etc etc.

Hope you like it guys, theres still sooooooo much to do and tracking down the parts is brain damage :'(

I'll keep you posted :-*

Kind regards

Tony

Sweet ride. You've done some nice work there. 

Check out www.lj10.com if you haven't already.  One of the board admins, SteveC, can get all sorts of parts.  You can't see all of the board until you sign up and sign in, but it's well worth your time to do so. 

Hi Guys,

Its been a while so heres a few more update shots  :D

Now got the new BK Racing Alloys fitted with 31x10.5x15 rubber  [thumbsup]

New blue mohair hood  [thumbsup]

2" body lift  :o

SuzukiLJ80142.jpg

SuzukiLJ80141.jpg

SuzukiLJ80140.jpg

SuzukiLJ80143.jpg

Really love the look of it now guys, its how I imagined it in my mind when I started out with this:

SuzukiLJ80002.jpg

Complete transformation!

Still need to fit the 'Smart Car' seats properly, door cards need sorting, carpets need sorting but I have made a real nice bed liner which i'm really pleased with, completely removable and rubberized so my little dog can go in the back.

Still trying to work out how to fit a winch behind the stock bumper but it needs to usable and accessable........I got a few ideas though  :brows:

I'll keep you updated as I go, hope you like it guys,

Regards

Tony

Hi Guys,

Another update for you with lots of piccies!

I decided that i wanted a winch but i dont like the winch bumpers that look really bulky, on my little LJ I really wanted something to match the original bumper:

SuzukiLJ80140.jpg

I decided to remove the bumper to see what I was up against:

SuzukiLJ80145.jpg

SuzukiLJ80144.jpg

My inspiration was Leighs truck (on Raging Rhinos) and several Landy type bumpers:

Winchbumper7.jpg

Winchbumper4.jpg

LeighsLJ.jpg

I started off by 'Loose' bolting in a piece of 6mm steel to get me something to measure off and an idea of what was achievable:

SuzukiLJ80150.jpg

SuzukiLJ80149.jpg

SuzukiLJ80151.jpg

Once I had things clear in my mind I had a steel 'Tray welded in and I backed it up with bolts through the chassis rails:

SuzukiLJ80157.jpg

SuzukiLJ80156.jpg

SuzukiLJ80156.jpg

SuzukiLJ80155.jpg

Test fitted the winch and a lick of primer and several coats of hammerite:

SuzukiLJ80163.jpg

SuzukiLJ80164.jpg

SuzukiLJ80165.jpg

SuzukiLJ80172.jpg

SuzukiLJ80170.jpg

I then set off to my local metal working doods with a drawing and lots of measurements!

Heres the original bumper along with my new bumper, the new bumper is more or less 'Cosmetic' as everything will bolt through it and onto the tray:

SuzukiLJ80176.jpg

SuzukiLJ80175.jpg

SuzukiLJ80174.jpg

SuzukiLJ80177.jpg

SuzukiLJ80178.jpg

SuzukiLJ80180.jpg

Obviously needs to be painted up!

I will cut a long slot/pocket in the top of the bumper and cover it with Ali checker plate on quick release stainless steel clips to gain access to the winch. The whole idea really was to make it look as stock as possible and still work, I 'Think' I have achieved it but time will tell...........if it dont work I still have my stock bumper to put back on.

I have ordered 2 stainless steel eyes to come through the front with shackles, I think it'll look the dogs danglies!

Hope you like it guys,

Regards

Tony

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom