My Ipod (Zune) holder...

PpaZmrf

Just wanted to share what I built today. Used 1/8" aluminum, cut out the pieces, drilled em, and used 3/4" spacers to bolt it together the correct width of my Zune.

Zune1.JPG

Zune2.JPG

It really helps to have a soft rubber cover to keep it nice and tight so it doesn't bounce around...

Zune3.JPG

I need on for my Creative vision M.    But I'd mount the holder to a Ram Mount that'll be bolted by the t-case shifter or a suction cup ram mount for the windshield.

I dont want to get into starting to make them but it is real easy to do. All the tools you would need is a grinder with a cut-off wheel (a jigsaw would work too but more difficult), 1/2" drill bit for the inner corners and some type of sander for smoothing out the edges. I flipped my router upside down for the inner corners and did it that way but you can cut aluminum with practically anything! The allen bolts and spacers I got at Home Depot. My 3/4" spacers fit perfectly for my Zune. There are different sizes also and if they are too long for your player, just take some off with a sander or such and sand/grind to fit...

great look.  the first pic i say looked like it was as big as the glove box but after further inspections... does it rattle. real clean looking!

Thats sweet! I toss mine into the glove box and it gets banged around. Tried velcro but thats no good either, gonna copy this, Thanks!

That looks sharp, looks very professional.  I have an Ipod Nano, so I just used Velcro on the back it it and on the dash.  I did the same in my truck so it can be moved easily from the one vehicle to the other. 

I like your CB, I have one just like it.  I found a real cool place to mount the little silver power box.  It is mounted inside the glove box to the top.  I also took another CB handle mount and mounted it to the inside of the glove box at the top.  This way when I am not using the CB it is out of sight, plus it is kept out of the weather when the top is off.  When I want to use it I just open the glove box, pull the CB handle out, hang it on the dash mount, plug the cables together, and close the glove box.  The cable comes out the bottom corner of the glove box when it is closed.  I still can keep other things in the glove box because the CB is mounted to the top.    ;)

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom