More leg room in the rear of a 2dr Sidekick

lxer96

This was something I did on Sunday in about 30 minutes.  Unbolt the rear seat. Flaten out the hinges so that the front bolt hole is parallel to the rear hole.  Now tighten the front bolt in where the rear bolt went before and make a new hole for the rear bolt.  Apply some sealant to the underside of the bolts to help keep them from rusting.  Now unbolt the bracket that holds the rear of the seat down.  Spin it 180 degrees so that the latch is closer to the rear of the vehicle and bolt it back down.  Done!  Enjoy the extra leg room.

It really is.  I guess I need to add that you do lose space behind the seat.  Here are some pics:  The front seats are all the way back
Leg_room.jpg

Leg_room2.jpg

cool idea......  would try it if i was gonna be sitting back there  :P

no issues with ppl hitting thier head on the back window???  i know there's not much room with the seat down

If you take a trip to the junk yard and buy a set of the semi buckets you will be set.  Tehn you can leave just one in and still have room for a midsized cooler (you sure will not have any room behind the seats).  Going to have to look into this one.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom