May 2010 ZOOM - meanbgreen (Ben)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerryBlonde

Congratulations for winning the May 2010 Zuwharrie Owner of the Month!
How does it feel being honored along with the past winners?

Awesome, pretty cool to be on the list.

So tell us about you.  Who are you, where do you live, and what do you do for a living?

Well the names Ben; I have been in the USAF for 10yrs and can't say to much bad about it. Different bases different folks to chat with.

Tell us a bit about your family.

I have my lovely wife that helps me deal with everything and very supportive. I also have three daughters will be tough keepin the guys away.

How is it living in the homeland of the Suzuki?!

It's pretty cool seeing the Jimnys all over the place. Though they are proud of them. A new one will run ya over 20,000bucks. I do like the turbo and theoretically they have the same horse power; though a 3cyl.

How did you get started in Suzuki?s?

I got started while on tour in Okinawa. I bought a bubble top Sierra there. It was pretty unstoppable for what it was. Put some good tires on and a rear locker and went everywhere I needed to go at the time.

How long did it take you to build your Zuk to what it is today?

My samurai has taken about three years and is currently on pause while I am here in Japan. My dad has it and told me ?I?ll work on it while your gone?.

Any changes in store for your rig?

There is plenty of changes coming down. Yota axles front and rear, locker up front spool in the rear, 6.5:1 transfer gears, rock sliders, missing links all around, armor for the undercarriage, better seats, maybe a turbo to name a few.

If you could have anybody else?s Zuk, who?s would it be and why?

Anyone's that already has all the mods. I may not be over the hill but but my young years are over so the crawlin on the floor and such ain?t as easy. Lol

What has been your best wheeling adventure?

Any time my wife and fam comes out to play with me and enjoy the outdoors.

If you could go to any place in the world to wheel, where would that be?

I would say back to Europe. Fast roads, beautiful country and sweet wheelin spots.

Who are you closest to in the Zuwharrie community?

Slozuk cause I sold em my bug, haha

What other toys/hobbies do you put a lot of time into?

I have a GMC Sierra lifted 10in on 39?s, and my Jimny that I am bringin to the states. Besides wheelin; just anything to do with the outdoors.

What is it about the Zuwharrie.com BBS that brings you back for more?

Good folks, good info, good stuff

What about the Zuwharrie Event would you like to see changed?

Well soon as I am able to attend one I?ll let ya know. Between bad timing of deployments or TDY?s always seemed to miss it.

Contact Information:
Name: Ben
Zuwharrie user name: meanbgreen
Nickname:  meangreen
Email:  meangreenparts@yahoo.com

Main Vehicle Specs:
Year: 1993
Make: Suzuki
Model: Samurai
Color: white/blue
Driveline: spacers
Steering: OTT

Suspension: LOA, shock tower front/spreader bar rear, 2? shackles
Tires/Wheels : 31? LTBS
Armor : 6pt roll cage
Interior : diamond plate door panels, tool chest, undercoated, CB
Exterior : custom paint, custom frt/rr bumpers, custom half doors, and other odd n ends
Recovery gear : kick jack, winch, strap, collapsible shovel, misc.
Best Modification: shock travel, lockers
Worse Modification: CB antenna placement. Broke off first trip
Future Mods: D all the above. Yota axles, gears, lockers, transfer case gears, sliders, armor elsewhere, bigger tires, missin links, engine rebuild, might put a turbo on.
Other Clubs: infamous offroad, madzuks, zuknatin, zukikrawlers, cardomain, missippi mud, For, and any dealin with off road/zuks

Comments: Thanks again for the nomination and look forward to meetin ya?ll when I get back stateside. I?ll be more proactive as my GMC was my primary tow rig that got like 7MPG. I?ll have a better one this go round though. Later

Clean:
100_0205.jpg

The rest:
100_0237.jpg

pepnstep.jpg

crevas5bb.jpg

GMC:
wave3.jpg

The wife's Jimny:
100_2831.jpg

100_2780.jpg

100_2832.jpg