longer samurai front driveshaft

covecrawler

when i did the trail tough yj conversion with 2 1" spacers on my samurai front driveshaft the angle was too much for the t case end u joint, and the shaft was too short. the fix i found was to take a tracker rear driveshaft ( same diameter and 9" longer) and cut it down and put the samurai slip yoke and end into the tracker driveshaft tube, i got it strait and welded it with my mig.  i have tested it to the limits and it has not failed, it helped the angle and works flawlessly, another fix would be to buy a 2" extended slip yoke from trail tough but what fun would that be?

Hey that is a great idea.

This is what I did...

I cut the ends off of my stock shaft about three inches from the flanges and pressed them into a piece of hydralic cylinder tube (1/4" thick and brute strong). Then we chucked it up in a lathe and centered them and tack welded them in three spots. Then we laid it on a rotating jig and welded it up. I also clearenced the yokes while I had it apart. It has been in there for almost two years and it's still working great.

So what you are saying is that the Sammy shaft will fit into the Track/Kick shaft? If so, then I know what I will be doing very soon. ;)

yeah i used a samurai spined driveshaft end in the tracker rear driveshaft tube, it can make an almost 10" longer front driveshaft, worked awsome

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom