Keeping your Track/Kick mobile with removed centersection

weed

Thought I would share a little tech I did this weekend, nothing big, just a handy idea I thought,

I wanted to remove the front and rear center sections from a 91 Kick I am scraping but needed to still have it mobile so I can move it around the property and load it on my trailer. With the front center section it is just a 2wd when it is removed, no problem, but the rear upper wishbone is attached to the rear center section so when you remove it there is no rotational or side to side housing support and no inner support for the axles.
I removed the rear axles and center section like normal, bolted one axle back in. then inserted from the opposite side a scrap piece of pipe approx. 3 feet long x 1 1/2" O.D. that would fit over the axle like a sleeve support. then installed the opposite axle into the pipe and bolted it back together like normal ;D
Now you had to figure out a support for the upper wishbone housing mount now that the center section is gone.
I used four 3/8" x 1 1/2" bolts threaded a 3/8 nut all the way to the bolt head and tightened them down. (this will allow the bolt head to stick out further, just makes the upcoming welding a little easier) insert these four bolts through the cast stock ball joint/wishbone mount and tighten four nuts on them. I then found some scrap angle and some plate steel and welded it all together to the top two center section housing studs.
Bolted all the wheels back on and I have a mobile scrap bin ;D filled it up with all my scrap junk metal and put it up on the trailer! scrap yard Monday here I come! ;D
It probably would have been mobile enough for a short distance across my property without all this work but I felt like fabbing something with all this scrap steel! LOL! 8)  Weed

100_5011.jpg

100_5017.jpg

100_5013.jpg

100_5019.jpg

100_5020.jpg

100_5018.jpg

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom