Hub Lock Ring Mod.......

Crow Horse

This is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but I found it helpful......

While checking my wheelbearings, I discovered that my lock ring pliers had gone AWOL.  Lock ring pliers work great and without them, removing lock rings is a PITA.  Once I was able to remove the lock ring I used a dremel with a cut off wheel to notch the ends so a snap ring plier can be used for later removals and installs.

Most people don't know that there is a special plier for this. Your average snap ring pliers don't work unless you do this mod. Nice mod Crow. ;)

Thanks!  It doesn't seem like this would be worth doing untill one tries to remove the lock ring without the proper tool.  Having a tool designed for the task at hand makes short order of it.  I hate wasting time messing around in "Rube Goldberg" mode......

Trailduster79 said:
I am going to swap out the stock snap rings for a set with the holes in them for the snap ring pliers

I did that on my Yota axles, just used 2 from the hardware store to make it the right thickness

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom