How to test fuel pressure on EFI models?

WarTowels

Did some searching, but not finding clear answer. I want to test fuel pressure make sure everything is normal...

Only place I can think of is to install the gauge after the fuel filter? Is there a closer to engine location I can use?

On efi models I have always heard that you should always test at the closes point to the rail or supply line going to injectors.

I just know enough to be dangerous.

Ray

txgocart said:
I just know enough to be dangerous.

Ray
Same here Ray; same here. 

And yes- makes sense to test close to injection point as possible, it just seems like the fuel line comes out to a proprietary fitting which attaches to the throttle-body and heads straight into the injector. Need to go look at my pressure tester, but I'm not sure it has provisions for such a hook up.

But maybe I could use some hoses and clamps to rig something up...

Guess I'll answer my own question.

Since there is no Schrader valve, has to rig something up. I happened to have part of a hardline from the old fuel tank still- i.e. banjo bolt hole leading to a metal pipe. I have no idea how I would have tested it without that left over piece.

I hooked that up to the fuel tester kit using some of the supplied fittings and tubes. That eventually got my what I needed.

I also tried jamming a hose onto the line that heads into the TBI (which I think would have worked) but at that point I had no fuel pressure, so it didn't appear to work. I ended up testing successfully after the fuel filter. (Once I fixed the reason for no fuel pressure- which was a busted grommet on the fuel pump itself)

Is this a 16v?   I think most, if not all the 16v  have a blank on the unused end of the fuel rail.   Otherwise you can by and extender do-dad and test at the regulator.   

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom