How to remove Samurai T case flanges

sammi_davis

On a sammi case it is relatively easy to pull the flanges if you have the right tools . The reason I am pulling these flanges is that they are late model large flanges and match my driveshafts . My new case didnt come with flanges .
konginstall_001.jpg

Heres the case and the culprits .
konginstall_003.jpg

Here you can see the spot where the nut is staked .
konginstall_005.jpg

You will need a punch , small chisel or a small screwdriver to unstake the nut on the shaft . I have had good luck with a small craftsman screwdriver.
konginstall_006.jpg

Once it is unstaked the impact will back it right off . I hold one flange with my hand to stop the one I am removing from spinning . Here you can see the nut is loose .
konginstall_007.jpg

Here is the 1st of the three flanges removed . Now repeat the process three more times .
konginstall_009.jpg

Here are the three flanges removed . Note the intermediate shaft has a different offset . I mark where the flanges were located  when I remove them for future reference . So I end up with a front rear and intermediate flange .

To replace them I put my impact on low ,run the nut down tight and restake the nuts . I am sure there is a torque spec for the flanges , but this is how I was taught to do it .  ;)

Biggerhammer said:
I won't even say anything about using the chrome socket on your impact gun.   :o

I dont have an impact that size  :(

Besides its a craftsman . If it explodes and I aviod the shrapnel they give me a new one  :o

In all seriousness your right , it should be an impact socket . But I was on the lowest setting the gun has .

I feel like being picky ;D. when you removed the first flange you pic said to do it 3 more times, should'nt it only be 2 more ;)

Zukisam said:
I feel like being picky ;D. when you removed the first flange you pic said to do it 3 more times, should'nt it only be 2 more ;)

Dont be hating .. its for the ummm .... unmnnnnmmmm ....uhhhh PTO yeah thats the ticket !

domba420 said:
is that my tcase in the pics?? :P

Nope this one is Goobers  ;)

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom