How to move your mirrors ... for cheap

sammi_davis

This is the next step to do after you have cut the hinges on your sammi . I did this a while back , so the zuk is my old one .. but the process remains the same . I have done this to 3 rigs with good sucess . The only downside is if you overtighten the self tapping screws it will strip out the hole in the cowl .

DSCF0023.JPG

First remove the mirror from your sammi . The screws can be a bit stubborn sometimes .

DSCF0024.JPG

Now hold the bracket up to where you are going to place it on the cowl . I used a finish nail to scribe the mark on the back . The mark follows the body line of the cowl .

DSCF0025.JPG

If you remove the mirror it will make it a little easier . If you do remove the mirror be careful as the mounting bolt can fall back into the mirror .

DSCF0026.JPG

I used a cut off tool to make the two cuts . The vice grips keep your hands safe and the bracket also gets pretty hot . You could use a dremel , but I think it would use a lot of cutting wheels .

DSCF0028.JPG

This is the bracket with the cut done . I used a bastard file to clean the edges up and sprayed some flt black on it so it would look a little better .

DSCF0030.JPG

I squared the rear edge up to the tub and drilled the first hole . I then used a 3/16" self tapping screw to attach it .

DSCF0032.JPG

Heres the second hole . I drilled it after I got the 1st screw in and everything all lined up .

DSCF0033.JPG

So now you can run without doors legally . If you run without doorstraps the door can hit the mirror , but overall I am very happy with this cheap and easy modification .

i did that on mine. only problem is the dang tree i got too close to didnt realize it was a new mod, so it didnt move out of the way for me...  :\\\'(

the cheaper plane mirrors fit with out any cutting

also use some silicone on the back it will water roof and it will glue it on so the screws dont hold it all down

GA_ZUKI said:
the cheaper plane mirrors fit with out any cutting

also use some silicone on the back it will water roof and it will glue it on so the screws dont hold it all down

My experience with the cheaper mirrors is they vibrate . The sammi mirrors are pretty stable . The silicone is a good idea though .

Thanks Greg.  I had been wanting to do mine, and that sure beats $30.00+ to order a set of those that bolt on the hinges. 

ShuDuck said:
The SJ mirrors fits perfectly there, just trill holes and mount it  :)

They arent too easy to come by over here  ;)

Dpty Rob I would have done it for you , but I ran out of time .... as usual  ;D

Jeremiah said:
How's the visability? Can you leave the mirrors there perminantly, and see okay?
Mine are, I had to space the pass side out past my snorkle, but thats the only one I have had a problem with. I flopped it one that side last year and stripped ou the holes a bit, they hold, but I have to keep tighting the screws.

Great little mod! Did it this weekend, it was really easy and looks/works great.

The addition of some silicone is a great tip too.

Thanks for posting, guys!

Mine is diferent than yours,, so i cant do that mod. even if i could it will looks weird (already looks weird with those lights on the top :D)

HPIM0466.jpg

HPIM0452.jpg

HPIM0451.jpg

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom