how to install lights (diagram) and breathers

Zuki-murai

I hear someone asking how to install some lights, well this is how i install my lights, and a very useful (and cheap)way to stop water get into our difs or tranny

sorry bout grammar on pics jeje ;D

Attachments

• content.webp
    content.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 787
  • mm21bis-cuadro.webp
    mm21bis-cuadro.webp
    7 KB · Views: 676
  • content.webp
    content.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 633
i dont remember the correct way because there are several switches available
but if your switch have 3 terminals 1 its a ground for the light an the others its the switch
dont remember clearly

tell us if this works ok

Where exactly is the breather on the tranny? I have both diffs and the Tcase vented but I couldn't find the trans breather. I quit looking when I heard somewhere that they breath through the shifter.

6011 said:
Where exactly is the breather on the tranny? I have both diffs and the Tcase vented but I couldn't find the trans breather. I quit looking when I heard somewhere that they breath through the shifter.

It's on the top of the tranny, towards the back.

Zuki-murai said:
this its the way to install a lighted switch :)
Where's the fuse?  Make sure the wire gauge can handle the current.  If you're suppling current to a high wattage device you should use a relay.

Just to let you know.... The power for the switch can come from ANY 12Volt Source. I sometimes tap into a radio line so if i accidentally leave my lights on, they automatically turn off when i turn off ignition.  [idea]

dabomb5756 said:
JI sometimes tap into a radio line so if i accidentally leave my lights on, they automatically turn off when i turn off ignition.  [idea]

That's cool, as long as you're using a relay.  You should not run a high-wattage device through the ignition.

Vagabond said:
That's cool, as long as you're using a relay.  You should not run a high-wattage device through the ignition.
Thats what i mean...
With a relay the switch only needs low power and it tells the relay to engage FULL power. So when the ignition goes off, there is no "small" power going to the relay which turns of the "Full" Power, which turns off lights and saves your battery!

YAY

dabomb5756 said:
Thats what i mean...
With a relay the switch only needs low power and it tells the relay to engage FULL power. So when the ignition goes off, there is no "small" power going to the relay which turns of the "Full" Power, which turns off lights and saves your battery!

YAY

dang you sound like a nerd!!  [worried]

ust kidding.... very good explanation!!!!!  ;)

Zuki-murai said:
dang you sound like a nerd!!  [worried]

ust kidding.... very good explanation!!!!!  ;)

Its funny, i know how to do it, but i got in a hurry on my truck. I have a switch with a fuse lol! No relay or anthing. Owell the lights will be coming off for the zuk maybe.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom