How to Install Balancing Beads

hughmungas

1. Jack up the tire. You don't need to take it off the rig. Just get it off the ground so it won't break the bead when you let all the air out.
S5031255.JPG

2. Get a little valve core removal tool and unscrew the valve core out of the stem. let all the air out.

S5031256.JPG

3. Take your balancing beads (ceramic dyna beads here in the bag) and put them an old, clean and dry slime container .
S5031257.JPG

4. Stick the slime tube onto the open valve stem and giggle the beads in slowly. If you try to go fast, they will clog up.  Be careful to NOT lean on the tire while you do this.

S5031258.JPG

5. Once you are done, put the valve stem back in and air it up. It is that simple.

Note:  If you get lazy and lean against the tire you might unseat the tire from the rim which makes it impossible to air it back up.  If you do this like I did, you can take a ratchett strap and wrap it around the tire and tighten it down just enough to hold the tire against the rim so you can get air in it to seat it back.
S5031259.JPG

that is all.

How many ozs to balance one tire?  What was the cost?  How does it ride cruising around the neighbor hood just going slow.  What are your opinions on these beads?

Warpig said:
How many ozs to balance one tire? What was the cost? How does it ride cruising around the neighbor hood just going slow. What are your opinions on these beads?
the ounce chart and ordering are on the link above.  When I had the Wrangler RT IIs installed earlier this week, I declined to have them balanced.  They rode really smoothly not being balanced so can't tell you how well the beads perform, but they don't make any noise (they are really small ceramic beads, not anything at all like bbs) or anything to make me wish I didn't have them in.  The cool thing is they will continuously adjust the balance where as the metal weights were only good when first installed.

Before I put mine in, under breaking, my steering wheel would shake left to right like mad. I could also feel it a bit while driving. The beads virtually eliminated that. And as my tires have worn, they have self adjusted very well. I will definetely put them in my next set of tires.

Has anyone ran the same beads in multiple tires? Such as went through a set, then got new rims and still reused the beads?

id like to know how they hold up, and what is left of the rim when you are done.

msmoke said:
Has anyone ran the same beads in multiple tires? Such as went through a set, then got new rims and still reused the beads?

id like to know how they hold up, and what is left of the rim when you are done.
They say they are reusable. As soon as I get my ball joints in the dodge I will tell you because it is getting new shoes, once I know it won't eat my new tires.

I have been running BB's in the 38.5x14.5 SX's on my Trailduster for about 2 years now. 

It has never ridden better than it does now.

When I remount my 32's on a decent set of rims I will be putting BB's in them as well.

I currently am running 16oz of BB's in my 38.5's

'94 Toyota pickup 31" TrXus M/T  --8oz of sand(?)per tire  --rides great!

'06 Toyota Tacoma ~29" Dayton Timberline M/Ts --6oz of balancing beads --steering wheel shimmy at highway speeds

'06 Ram 2500 33" BFG M/T --6oz of balancing beads --some vibration at highway speeds

All these tires have worn evenly without regular rotations.  None of them have any wheel weights.  My advice would be to mount and balance new tires as usual, and add the beads. 

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom