Homemade Rock Sliders for under $30.00

hurleyup

Here are the sliders I built to match my bumpers...

64 inches of 1.5 .120 Mild Steel $12.80
4 square ft. of 10 guage $6.00
Labor to shear and break the 10 guage $ 1 case of beer

I drilled 4 3/8 holes in the sliders and the body. On the inner panel of the interior I drilled the holes out to 3/4 so I can get a socket on the nut. Also before I put the sliders on I had to pound the lower body seem up against the bottom of the body so the sliders would mount flush. I made 3 cuts in the seem with a die grinder and just used a small hammer.

hurleyup said:
before I put the sliders on I had to pound the lower body seem up against the bottom of the body so the sliders would mount flush. I made 3 cuts in the seem with a die grinder and just used a small hammer.

so...how do you drain the water/mud/sand out of the rockers then?

In the weld flange that was pounded over, there are 4-5 spots (about the size of a #2 pencil) where the inner & outer rocker panels are "bubbled" out from each other. those were the drains for the rocker channel.

out west in the sand & rocks it's not a big issue. but here in the midwest we have allot of water, mud, and sand that gets deep enough to fill the rockers from inside the rig.

Still, it is a nice looking way to get some protection. good work.

jimmyr said:
In the weld flange that was pounded over, there are 4-5 spots (about the size of a #2 pencil) where the inner & outer rocker panels are "bubbled" out from each other. those were the drains for the rocker channel.

out west in the sand & rocks it's not a big issue. but here in the midwest we have allot of water, mud, and sand that gets deep enough to fill the rockers from inside the rig.

Still, it is a nice looking way to get some protection. good work.

Good to know. I had no idea. You are right though... Not a lot of mud here in So.CA.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom