Hand throttle for hitachis

utahsamiman

Get an old top mount thumb shifter, but not a indexed, a friction is needed.  And a chew can or a beef jerky chew can.  cut off the outer side of it.  This will filll the space or the bike handlebars, the shifter handle isnt as big.  LIft up on the boot and slide the housing of the cable, (3-4 feet) down through.

Then tiny hole (1/8) next to where the stock cable is.  Then get a cable ferrel and cut one side to slide in the stock cable.  Then get each cable in a side of the ferrel and slide it as close as you can to rolling cam of the stock cable and pinch the ferrel a few times with dikes or dykes or side cutters, which ever you prefer top call them.

Attachments

• ht1.webp
    ht1.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 864
  • ht3.webp
    ht3.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 753
utahsamiman said:
Get an old top mount thumb shifter, but not a indexed, a friction is needed.?

i don't under stand what this is.  is it somthig off a motorcycle?  i don't do 2 wheels anymore soo...

stu

After looking and looking I found a set for 15, but the outer housing was extra.  oh yeah use the left shifter, as they sit on the handlebars.

ahh right right, but the rear shifter may not be a frictional.  But awesome if you find one that is.  I have been off bikes too too too long.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom