FOB Shkin has been renamed!

RT

Art was serving at a place the soldiers call "The Alamo" due to it's "dried mud fort" resemblance to it's Texas namesake. It's official base name was FOB (Forward Operations Base) Shkin, named for the local community.
I received an email confirmation today that FOB Shkin (named for the local community) has been re-named FOB Lilley.  They had an official ceremony in September.

This email is from a VERY reliable source and hopefully I will have a picture of the new sign to share with you soon!

R/T

Thank's for the info.

I never knew were he was based, but now I do and I can tell you that were he was located tells me a lot about what he did in the "Stan". Because were we were located, the "troublemakers" there would have done the same stuff as he did. And thus he and his team had HUGE balls to do what they did and work harder then any of you will ever know and has just elevated himself even higher in my eyes.

Gold bless you Art......you will be missed.
Steve

FOB Lilley. I can think of no better name. Thanks for keeping us up to date R/T.

godblessamerica.png

the team ame to see us on friday they broght us a picyure of sign with his team if i can figure how to scan it i will send copy of it

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom