Does your softop sag when it rains?

Genchaos

I lot of guys mentioned in the summer that when it rains there softop sag's over the drivers compartment. Also those of us that get snow, it's even were. So here's a simple fix that will prevent it.

Get a piece of plastic not sure were I got mine but it's thick. And cut it to the length you want.
content

Cut 2 notches (with a jigsaw), one on each end wide enough to slide on to the stock support arms over the driver's compartment (with or with out the padding) Cut ti so that the plastic is level with the suport arms and then it won't be notice with the softop on.
content
?

Then mount to the support arms and attach softop for testing.
content

content

The great thing about this is it's simple to make, easily removed, doesn't sure from the outside, and works great for keeping that puddle of water or ice from forming on top of the roof.

Steve

P.S Can I be famous now?

Attachments

• Softop brace 001a.webp
    Softop brace 001a.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,987
  • Softop brace 003a.webp
    Softop brace 003a.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 2,120
  • Softop brace 004a.webp
    Softop brace 004a.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 2,170
dschwab9 said:
That looks like the conduit they burry fiber in.? Can probably pick up scraps on the side of the road.

That's what I was thinking, or the cover's for the wire that helps hold up the telephone poles.

Steve

Thanks Steve, Looks like a piece of natural gas line. I park mine at a angle to keep the water off, but I really like that where I can't park that way. Now add the foam that insulate pipes with and you got it made.

I have them at work, they not that thick.

Genchaos said:
That's what I was thinking, or the cover's for the wire that helps hold up the telephone poles.

Steve

Steve

Cool tip. When i go out for a drive after it rains i forget about the puddle and role down my window then when i turn or enter a ditch it gets me soacked. Ill have to do the mod in in the spring when the showers start coming.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom