CV Carb Mods for a Samurai...

Spinnaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXKUT9HeRnM

Here is a little video I made covering the mods that are needed to run a CV carb on a Samurai.  These work great on my setup.

Good luck guys!
Tim

Thanks for that kind words!

I did a lot of reading before I got this setup...  I never heard anything about modifying the carb like this till after I had it installed...  This may explain why some people had trouble with there setups.

Tim

thanks for the video. the tintop i just got has this setup on it and i was a little hesitant about taking the carb apart in case i needed to change something, but it looks pretty simple really!

X-jeeper said:
thanks for the video. the tintop i just got has this setup on it and i was a little hesitant about taking the carb apart in case i needed to change something, but it looks pretty simple really!

Yep, and yours allready has these mods done to it. ;)

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update this topic.

I have been running this setup for over a year now and have been very happy with it.  I have to say that the driveablility has been a greatly improved over the stock carb. (Not that the stock carb that I removed was working poorly.)

I have since moved up to a 1.6 motor but I have not had a chance to re-jet it to the new motor.  I'm still impressed that I can just hit the key and it will start every time.

Tim

Absolutely love the cb carb on the 1.3! I've installed two on our samis and they run like a million dollars. Easy swap and  super simple to tune. Also love how well they run over rough terain with no stumbles or anything. I used a piece of 3/8" plate and an old Harley exaust pope for the intake. Then a small piece of radiator hose to join the carb. Starts in about one rev everytime you hit The key.

Glad that you got one!  I love the hell out of these carbs.  I love that I can swap the jets out on about a minute on the side of the road while I'm chasing down the proper tune. 

I agree on the starting...  Just bump the key and it'll fire off.  First time, every time!  I still need to order a hand full of bigger jets to tune in the 1.6 motor.  I also need to mod the fuel bowl inlet and float needle to increase the fuel flow at high RPM's.

Tim

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom