Clean ground (how-to ward of electrical gremlins)

Jeremiah

This will work for Samurai or Tracker, but this is out of a '94 Tracker. Many electrical gremlins end up being chased down to a bad ground wire.

I used one of these, but you can use a hand wire brush, sand paper - whatever. The idea is to clean off the paint where the ground connects:

94Tracker001.jpg

Pull your battery, you'll see the negative grounds out at the starter, and at the firewall. You'll want to get both spots cleaned up really well:

94Tracker005.jpg

Make sure the eyelets get cleaned up:

94Tracker002.jpg

And the terminals:

94Tracker015.jpg

94Tracker014.jpg

94Tracker019.jpg

To avoid rust, I covered up the area I exposed, and hit it with rustolium. Green was what I had laying around:

94Tracker010.jpg

94Tracker011.jpg

94Tracker026.jpg

You are forgetting the worst ground in a sidekick......behind the tail light. Always corodes and makes life hell!!!! Check it out!  ;)

Trevinator said:
You are forgetting the worst ground in a sidekick......behind the tail light. Always corodes and makes life hell!!!! Check it out!  ;)

yes, left me and my gf stranded on the highway. its the ground for the fuel pump

Jeremiah said:
Passenger side?

Driver's side. There's a main harness connector there as well, it tends to corrode in moist/humid areas. It's should be separated & coated in dielectric grease annually or every couple years to avoid problems.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom