broken glove box door fix

Joe S.

had a friend show me this the other day. tried it and it works great!

you need:
a tube of loc tite "stik n seal",
some 2" wide nylon webbing the length of your glove box door,
some acetone,
and some rags.

use the acetone to clean the inside of the glove box door up about 1 1/2".
then run a bead of the stik n seal along the inside of the glove box door.
take the nylon webbing and leaving a little more than 1/2" off the door, lay it down on the bead of stik n seal.
let sit for a few minutes, then run a bead across the top of the nylon to "seal" it to the door.
let sit for an hour or so, then press down to set against the door firmly.
let sit overnight.
next day, pull the three screws and the glove box door hinge that is still attached to the sami, and put the exposed nylon webbing in between the hinge and dash, and tighten screws. works like a dream.

here are some pics describing how mine looked before attaching it to the dash.

content

content

Attachments

• 100_1266.webp
    100_1266.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 2,040
  • 100_1267.webp
    100_1267.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 2,001
Great idea!  For myself and for others reading this, can you clarify where to buy "stick-n-seal" and nylon webbing?  Thanks!

SPAMurai said:
Great idea!? For myself and for others reading this, can you clarify where to buy "stick-n-seal" and nylon webbing?? Thanks!

yeah i thought so too!
the stik n seal came from walmart. it is made by loktite, and looks like a large loktite tube, probably in the hardware section.

the nylon webbing i am sure can be bought from any material and crafts store, but? [idea] my friend that gave me this idea [idea] also furnished the stuff, and i think he said it came from a boating supply store.

I used 4 pop rivets and a 12" piano hinge, fixed it in 5 minutes looks great.can tell it was ever broke(unless your laying on the floor)

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom