Body swap?

Ok so I have a fuel injected samurai runs good but is rusted pretty bad I got a solid body with bad motor in another one.   I have done body swaps before but not with the fuel injection.    What?s the best way will computer work in the solid body if I swap them ?

Honestly, I'd swap the entire wiring harness right along with the body. That way figuring out the wiring, bad connections, and all the other headaches may be avoided and time saved in the long run. ....and wiring diagrams are also still useful down the road. ;)

beekiller said:
Honestly, I'd swap the entire wiring harness right along with the body. That way figuring out the wiring, bad connections, and all the other headaches may be avoided and time saved in the long run. ....and wiring diagrams are also still useful down the road. ;)
.  Yea I was Guna but I don?t know if the computer in the other one would work for th fuel injection on mine ?  Can I swap just computer

Shawnboylk said:
.  Yea I was Guna but I don?t know if the computer in the other one would work for th fuel injection on mine ?  Can I swap just computer

Not 100% certain, but if it's an EFI computer it *should*. I guess on the first post I assumed it was not?

Yeah, swap your current dash and harness into the new body. Basically strip everything out of the old one and into the new.

I dont think you have to do that I just put a new body from a carb,ed Sami on my frame with a 16v in it all I had to do was change my Speedo cluster to the efi cluster there's 1 wire from computer to your cluster that should be all needed under the dash then install your efi computer under dash and run your engine Harness  thru firewall to the computer plug. The other plug is fine its for lights and stuff the plug thru the firewall should hook right up

Shawnboylk said:
Yea I wish I knew the best way.  I gues just start trying to do it I just hate to get into a mess I can?t figure out

The best way is to swap the entire harness. Everything. Otherwise, you are going to be untaping the harnesses to try and pull out certain wires and it could turn into a mess.

Yup, Boise is pretty blue and they require smog checks. I don't live in Boise just for that reason, too much like Kalifornika! :(

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom