Alternator upgrade?

Jim Blackwood

That's a pretty small alternator on the Sammy, and I know some of you have upgraded for things like offroad lights and winches. Is there a simple and inexpensive upgrade to the alternator that you could recommend? I'm not adverse to fabricating mounts and plugs, even changing the pulley if need be but I'd love to know what others have done here and what works best. (BTW, what is the OEM unit rated for?) THX,

Jim

Suzuki Samurai High Output Alternators .... I installed this one awhile back... It has given me no problems and was a direct bolt on... If I remember correctly, the belt size might have had to be changed, and I used a larger battery to alternator cable.... They were somewhat local, so no delivery charges, and no core charge (these are new alternators, so they don't want your old alternator)...
I believe the OEM one is rated for 45 amps
Butch

Looks like the CS130 might be the go-to upgrade huh?

Jim
I run a CS130........Ran it on the old 1.3L and now on the 1.6L 16v. I had some belt squeal on the 1.3L at startup. Bigger Alt's pull hard at startup. The right belt and pulley combo will help. I ran a V belt pulley off a Camaro I think. Got it off ebay. It really helped. No issues with the serpentine belt on the 1.6L I run the pully off the Sidekick alt.

Tim

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom