Author Topic: Gasoline Rejuvenator?  (Read 2980 times)

Offline yoothgeye

• Post padding is for losers.
  • Zuki Guru
  • It's the internet, get over it.
Is there anything you can add to gasoline to kinda rejuvenate it, or make it more potent?

My '83 Honda Odyssey 250FL has been sitting in the shop unstarted with mix fuel in it since December. I started it tonight and it ran fine, but I think the gas could be better. I was gonna replace the fuel, but there's a lot in there. Can I add something to it to "juice it up"?

I don't mean something like Stabil, but maybe should I add some octane booster or something?
The last modified Samurai I saw on the road was mine leaving on a trailer.

Offline Biggerhammer

• SM4x4ZC
  • 06-15-07 A true American Hero was lost.
Adding anything may mess up the mix.

Try making a new mix and then drain the tank and mix the two "Mixes" together and use it. :-\\\\
I salute you Sir!

Offline yoothgeye

• Zuki Guru
Adding anything may mess up the mix.

Try making a new mix and then drain the tank and mix the two "Mixes" together and use it. :-\\\\

Ugh... messy messy. The fuel isn't bad, it's burning just fine, if anything I think some of my gas may have evaporated off because even once the engine got good and warmed up it was still a little heavy on the smoke, so I might add a little fresh gas only, just a quart or less of fresh stuff.

Offline Biggerhammer

• SM4x4ZC
Maybe just get one heat range hotter plug (or plugs) for it and run it all out and go back to stock. :-\\\\
I salute you Sir!

Offline yoothgeye

• Zuki Guru
Maybe just get one heat range hotter plug (or plugs) for it and run it all out and go back to stock. :-\\\\

I was going to be getting new plug(s) for it anyway, how do I get a hotter one? I usually just replace with the same plug(s).

Disclaimer: yes, the FL250 is a single cylinder, but the head makes provision for 2 spark plugs so if you are trail riding and you foul a plug, you just move the plug wire over to the other plug.

Offline Biggerhammer

• SM4x4ZC
how do I get a hotter one?

Just ask at the parts store for "One heat range hotter". I did for my weed wacker and got what I needed since I put a thicker mix.
I salute you Sir!

Offline ZUKIMON

• Krew Krawlers
  • Krew Krawlers
  • Crawlin' while you were still in diapers!
Hotter plug will have a lower number on it. For example, BPR5ES would be "colder" than a BPR4ES.

I have a great wife. ;)

Offline yoothgeye

• Zuki Guru
Hotter plug will have a lower number on it. For example, BPR5ES would be "colder" than a BPR4ES.

Interesting. So will this be true for NGK? I might get one hot one, one normal one.

Offline ZUKIMON

• Krew Krawlers
  • Krew Krawlers
Yep. The numbers that I posted are NGK numbers, and I think they may be what the Zuk uses. ;D It was the first plug number that came to mind. ::) ;)

I have a great wife. ;)

Offline viking

• Zuwharrie Addict
  • '88 JX TT, '87 soft top is growing moss, really!
Ugh... messy messy. The fuel isn't bad, it's burning just fine, if anything I think some of my gas may have evaporated off because even once the engine got good and warmed up it was still a little heavy on the smoke, so I might add a little fresh gas only, just a quart or less of fresh stuff.
You're right about evap, butane is probably the first to do that because of it's low flash point.  Butane vapor is what you see coming out of the filler while gasing up. One of the worst things that gasoline does if it sits around too long is that it turns to varnish and gets gummy, sometimes Berrymans fuel additive will help cut the varnish if it isn't too bad. Best thing to do if you won't be running an engine for any length of time is to add a little fuel stablizer to the fuel.  I resently used some fuel I had in a five gallone can that I mixed in two ounces of Sta-bil more than two years ago and it smelled fresh,  Sta-bil claims it will help keep it good up to a year.
I've done so much with so little for so long that I can do almost anything with nothing!  "All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"  Edmund Burke

Offline Jeremiah

• Zukaholic
Yep. The numbers that I posted are NGK numbers, and I think they may be what the Zuk uses. ;D It was the first plug number that came to mind. ::) ;)

I thought it was bad I was starting to memorize my oil filter numbers  [worried]
1983 SJ410, 1.3L SPOA on 31"
1996 4 door, 235/75/15 Dakota M/T, OME 1.5" Lift
1996 Geo Prizm
2008 Yamaha FZ6

Offline ZUKIMON

• Krew Krawlers
  • Krew Krawlers
I thought it was bad I was starting to memorize my oil filter numbers  [worried]

Dude, you don't want to know how many freakin' filter numbers I have memorized over the years. ::) :o I've had to memorize so many different brands due to working at different places, and other parts too. I'm glad to be back at the dealership. ;) ;D

I have a great wife. ;)

Offline jimmyr

• I live here!
It may be smoking more because the premix was starting to separate?
i'd just run it and change the plugs when this tank runs out.

Offline Jeremiah

• Zukaholic
Or... clean the plugs  ;D
1983 SJ410, 1.3L SPOA on 31"
1996 4 door, 235/75/15 Dakota M/T, OME 1.5" Lift
1996 Geo Prizm
2008 Yamaha FZ6