Topic: Introductions please!! (Read 131218 times) previous topic - next topic

• ZUKIMON
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
  • Krew Krawlers
Re: Introductions please!!
Reply #20
OK, it's been long enough.
My name is Bryan Sheets, i'm 26 years young, and have two beautiful girls, and one beautiful wife of three and one half years. I live in Wilkes Co., NC and work at Meineke in Ashe Co. where I do about everything car related, from exhaust to alingments. I have been playing with Sammi's for about six years, and have had I think nine of them. Currently I have two, one Tin Top that I wheel, and a vertable hardtop that I DD (when it's not broken). I have done every mod to my Zuks myself. I have bought alot of stuff from the vendors on the net, but plan to make most of my stuff from now on. I really look forward to meeting you guys in the spring, and getting you to pull me off the rocks, or out of the mud.  ;D

I have a great wife. ;)

• Gcrop
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #21
Hello all, I am new to the board but have been scrolling through it for a few days now.  My name is Geoff and live on the outskirts of Memphis.  I work nights at FedEx.  25 and single but a gfriend in Baton Rouge (LSU) which is one of the ways I got 96,000 miles on my 2000 V6 Mustang already (daily driver).  I purchased my 88.5 Samurai this past fall for $700.  The body is in great shape and it runs well except for the burning of oil.  Since I bought it I have put extended shackles, 1' body lift and just as recently as last week, Rocky Road's 6' spring perches for the SPOA.  Before I got the Mustang, I had a 1990 Toyota p/u...V6, 35x12.50 BFG M/T, 5.29's.  I am not looking to really mud the Zuk, more of a trail/LIGHT rock crawling and something just fun to drive around for errands on beautiful days.  Closest organized trail rides to Memphis (that I know of) are Mont Eagle (NW of Chatanooga) or the Ozarks of Arkansas. 

I have many questions and this board looks like it is pretty friendly overall to the guys who know a little but still have questions.  I am also a member (for about 2 years) of a V6 Mustang message board (www.3.8mustang.com) that is very friendly to newbs.   Looking fwd to learning a lot of needed info on the Sammy that I have wanted for years now.
2001 F-250 PSD 4wd CrewCab Lariat
1988.5 Suzuki Samurai 1" body, 6" SPOA, RUF/CJ, M/L, PS, 5.12s, 33" LTBs, Spartan locked

• GpJerry
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #22
Hello,  Jerry Reisinger here.  I live in Terre Haute, Indiana.  I have owned an 96 X-90 for just over a year.  This fall I started to modify it a bit. Slow at first K&N cone filter, 2" cat back exhaust.  Next thing I know I have a 3"Calmini suspension, 31x10.50 Venture MT's, a locrite EZ-locker on the shelf waiting to go in as soon as I settle on a set of gears.  I don't know if I am addicted to Suzuki or just to upgrading  ;D

This board has been an excellent source of both information and entertainment.  Looking forward to meeting you all at Zuwharrie this spring  [liftedredx90]
Jerry <><

• R/T
  • [*]
  • Zu Keeper
  • Lil Waterbug
Reply #23
R/T Gray here....I am Co founder of Zuwharrie and President of the local Jeep Rescue Team and The Release the Twins Foundation here at Carolina Beach....and owner of the Neon Noodle (aka Zuki-Monster).
Myself, Connie and our 4 munchkins (ages 11-7) live south of Wilmington NC, near Carolina Beach and I'm an Electronics Technician for the US Coast Guard.  We'll be moving upstate in July, my new post is out of Portsmouth, va.  Connie is a 911 dispatcher and an incredible person to be around.  Our wedding is planned for end of June.
We also own an 80 F-150 4x4 with a nice 351M in it, a 79 F-150 4x4 straight axle for parts, a 71 Chevy c-10 longbed set for fefurbishment if I ever get to it and a 2001 Kia Sportage, and now a '93 Chevy 'Burban we call Sub-Zilla.  It's has a 6" Tuff Country lift and rides on 35" tires.
  I am the Febuary Z.O.O.M. so you can look there for my Zuk info, although a top rack, a rear rack and 5.38 axle gears newly installed too!
R/T
  • Last Edit: Thursday, Jun 10, 2004, 06:43 PM by R/T
I love you and will miss you, my brother

Reply #24
 8)  Gary Tyner-I live in St. Pauls NC, just a little south of Fayet-nam.  I have a 88 Samurai that is sitting up on jack stands in the backyard impatiently awaiting it's "new" 95 1.6 16V heart.  As soon as I get engine and some other parts and $$$$ I plan to haul it up to Sean at Aftermarket and dump it in his yard, tell him what I want and give him a blank check ;).  I am 42, married for 17 years with the one most gorgemous wonderful daughter Heather, 16-(jailbait--leave her alone).  I am service center manager in Fayetteville for Applied Industrial Technologies (Dixie Bearings for you Southern guys-Bearings, Inc. for you Yankees).  My Sammi will be called the "A-ball", after our company logo (a ball bearing).  I can get you guys some bearings and seals CHEAPER than NAPA.  Looking forward to my first Zuwharrie-hoping to have A-ball ready.

• NC Zuk
  • [*]
  • Zu Keeper
  • Box of Rocks!
Reply #25
Well I figured I would bring this back to the top since there are so many new folks that have yet to introduce themselves. Take a few minutes to read through there introductions then tell us something about yourself. If you have already replied please don't clutter up this thread by reposting  ;)

It's easy, just click reply and tell us about yourself
I am your flag; I was born on June 14th, 1777.  I am the refuge of the world’s oppressed people. I am the silent sentinel of freedom.

Reply #26
Greg Thomas - Jacksonville, N.C. thanks to the USMC. been off-roading for about 5 years now, started with heeps and just bought a 91 Zuk, actually just picked it up today 040313. i'm a webmaster/copy-editor/journalist/photographer in the Corps. not much else i can think of, i'll update if i think of anything else.

-greg t

• eadesd
  • [*]
Reply #27
Well, since I have now posted I suppose I can't be a lurker anymore. 

I have a '93 stock Samurai that I bought last fall and have used as a DD back and forth to work.  I had all sorts of good summer plans for it this year but then Uncle Sam decided to send me to Kuwait so I suppose it'll just have to wait until next year.  When I get back my plans are to make a set of half doors from a stock set and just have a good time in the sun with it.

I'm in the Army, stationed in Philadelphia teaching ROTC at Drexel Univ and recently "hand selected" ::) for a tasking to Kuwait.  I've been married for five years to my wife Danielle and if you look real close at my avatar you can see my dog CoCo "driving" the Samurai.

Darin Eades

• bigzook
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #28
Hello all-
   Long time lurker,posting sometimes. My name is Greg Fuller. I call Salem, Oregon home. I am currently without full time employment/trying to start my own buisness. I'm the editor forwww.donkeyworx.net  . My little stable of zooks include a 88.5 sprungover on 33's, locked up, 4.16 t case(not nearly low enough) custom everything. A 87 with ome springs,custom exhaust,intake,beefy shackles,and 30" tires. A 87 hardtop parts rig. A 91 sidekick in peices. We are looking for a good cheap sidekick (running) to replace the one in peices. Anyway love the boards here,I hope to try to make it to a zuwharrie sometime.

• BerryBlonde
  • [*]
  • Zu Keeper
Reply #29
Hi all... I am Connie, R/T's wife.  I am orginally from Columbia, SC, but now reside in Elizabeth City, NC with my boo boo and our four rugrats.  I work for a mortgage company. 

I love going wheeling with R/T.  I don't plan on ever owning my own Zuk, I prefer being in Roy's capable hands when we wheel.  But who knows what the future holds! 

See you all at Zuwharrie!!

Updated 12/2/04 with current info.   ;D
  • Last Edit: Thursday, Dec 02, 2004, 06:28 PM by BerryBlonde
t0nKaTrAcKeR's sis!

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever.

Reply #30
hi im zack, i have a samurai, and i like to wheel. i go to college at vcu and im home on weekends. i wont be at zuwharrie because i have no trailer. hope everyone has fun.

1982 SJ410K with 38k miles :)
1982 SJ410K project.... 4g63T,R151F,Dual cases, locked yota axles. etc etc :)

Reply #31
hey hey hey it's fatttt bryan whats up guys i live in lancaster ohio (little SE of columbus) i drive a rolback for AAA in columbus i had a zuk (90 efi) till some low life $#@%^@#$@# of a !@#$$#% stole her  :\\\'( but it's getting better i just got another one though i have yet too see it i'm told it's quite nice ??? ::) but anywho look forward to meeting y'all and maybe if there's some other fellas around my general area we could get together and have a workin weekend at the shop i've got about every tool known to man(or at least known to snap-on)and a nice fridge to hold the coors type soda-pop ;D see ya folks later till then stay shiny side down.
  • Last Edit: Monday, Mar 15, 2004, 03:59 AM by repotowguy
Yes I've seen that orange Zuk on the internet.
If it's a jeep thing why won't you just leave everyone else alone? HINT...WE DON"T CARE THAT THEY SUCK!!

Reply #32
hi my name is james gray from allentown pa . I luv my zuks I have 4 sammys 1 16v 1 12a 2 stockers awaiting work also have 2 trackers 1 for parts and one to beat on also have a 75 fj40 with a 350 locked front and rear I build to wheel and wheel anytime I can . anyone @ here want someone to wheel with me  call me  ;D

• WarRat
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #33
I'm Dave Horton. I am 43 and single, no kids. I live in the house of the mouse( Orlando, Florida). I work for a magazine publishing company.
This is my 1st Zuk ('87 Sammi) and my first real offroad truck.  I am still building it. It was bought for $300 running, but not very good. The 1.3 was hd a blown head gasket and warped head & block. Bad carb, and a bad starter. I am in the process of installing a Chevy 4.3 with TBI.  mated to a t200r4 with a B&M Trans-pack. It will be SPOA by the time I get it on the road. I am fabbing the install myself with the help of Warmongr from the NOAS board, and the knowledge of the people on this board. I plan to post Pics as soon as I get far enough along to have some worth posting.
I hope to get up the NC way later this year.
Peace Out
The few, the proud, the deranged!

Reply #34
my name is brandon lorah, i live in norfolk, va. have a 87 special edition that a friend gave the name Special Ed. right now its pretty basic...spoa and 31 tsl sx's, cjs in the rear, and tracker seats. hoping  my car sells to give me my 16v money. hoping to make the spring zuwharrie but im having issues getting my tow vehicle down annd i think my 1.3l is on its last leg. other than that i like to wheel whatever and whever, and go full tilt and hammer down all the time.
"stand on is son!"

87' special edition samurai, SPOA,cj's in the rear,tracker seats, 31x13.50x15 tsl sxs

• Koko
  • [*]
Reply #35
My name is Koko and I live way up in Massachusetts.  I'm 25 and work as an accountant.  No kids, no wife, no house (still in parents basement). Most of my money is spent on vehicles.  Bought my zuk about year ago all stock with the proceeds from selling the lift out of my Grand Cherokee. Traded the Grand for a Durango (DD and tow rig). Then I bolted in a SPOA, some 4.62's, lockers, and power steering. Got myself a shrock rear bumper, skid, and custom front bumper.   Not being satisified, I'm waiting for my 16valve to come in, I have set of YJ's, Toys and 5.29's going in as well.  I hope it stops one day, but I still need a cage and winch!

Koko

Reply #36
Hey all is this the SA meeting ( suzuki anonymous)

i guess the first step is admitting u have an addiction....... my name is Robert Lewis and i am zukaholic. my sami is an 88.5 currently undergoing some modification ...puttin yota axles with 2.5 bs rock crawler wheels, and the yj spring conversion using 2.5" lifted yj springs.....and lockers front and rear but i still have to buy lockers and steering from sky manufactoring .

p.s. i live in slidell, la ( just outside of New Orleans)

• slugzuki
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #37
Hey,hows everybody doing?  My name is bill terral and i live in texarkana,texas.I have one lovely wife and one lovely little girl(7).I've only had my samy for about 2 years, bought it bone stock and blown up. Most mods are in my profile,my latest  was a new tail light assy. due to natural customization by live oak trees. I really enjoy the site and have told several others in the area.   Maybe someday I can make a run with yall.
  • Last Edit: Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004, 12:47 PM by slugzuki
I have no idea whats going on!!!!

• NC Zuk
  • [*]
  • Zu Keeper
  • Box of Rocks!
Reply #38
I figured I would bring this back from the dead. If you are new to the site let us know who you are!!!
I am your flag; I was born on June 14th, 1777.  I am the refuge of the world’s oppressed people. I am the silent sentinel of freedom.

• POWERSTROKEN
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Trouble Maker
Reply #39
  My name is Jim Ferguson.  I live in Baltimore,  MD.  I am single.  I have a 92 4.3 samurai.  Soon to be an ex-lightning conversion.  I am doing  a Toyota axle swap,  possible lengthening,  33" MTR's I also have 35's  I want 37's,  I have Trail ready alum. beadlocks, Spidertrax front bumper, TT rear bumper,  Warn 9500 lb. winch, fiberglass racing seats w/harnesses.   My daily driver is a 2000 Ford E350 Powerstroke diesel 4X4 van heavily modified.  I am a new Zuk owner.  This is my first one.  I know have a Tin Top as well. Let me tell you what a learning experience it has been.  I also have a 2005 yamaha grizzly.  This is a great site and all who are on it.  I have met allot of really nice people here.   I hope to meet many more friends here.  Looking forward to meeting you.  Many Thanks.  Jim
  • Last Edit: Sunday, Jan 09, 2005, 01:26 PM by POWERSTROKEN