Skip to main content

Topic: Introductions please!! (Read 130154 times) previous topic - next topic

• mistawiskas
  • [*][*][*]
Re: Introductions please!!
Reply #1060
It's great to be here hanging out with guys that share a common interest. This close to 60, I don't want to spend a lot of time not having fun.
The wealth of knowledge here is the first thing I sought after buying my Samurai. This place and the guys that frequent here are awesome.
It's when a mosquito lands on your testicles, that you know that not all problems can be solved with violence.

• redidbull
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Geek- Computer and Weather
Reply #1061
60 is a crazy number, I think, but I am not going to sit back and let it destroy me. Here is the build up on my rust bucket. I have been here a long time. Signed up on December 25, 2002! Jim

http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content?topic=115712.0

• HotrodHooptie
  • [*]
Reply #1062
Hi there, I'm Eric. I've recently stumbled across your community while looking for info on my latest project. I have never worked on anything remotely 4X4 before and I've already learned a lot! I'm not entirely new to modified vehicles, just never intentionally lifted one instead of dumping one. :P

I was recently given a pee yellow 86' Samurai (Canadian) from family. It was slated to be fixed by quite a few different people, but it's more or less sat for the last 10 years. I've always thought it was the coolest thing, even though I've collectively driven it for an afternoon. I've got it inside, collected some parts, met some people and have a plan as to where I want to go with this. Ideally I'd like to get it back to road legal again, but worst case as a bush buggy/full offroad rig. I'm excited to learn more about this platform and to ask some dumb questions! Thanks guys.

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Reply #1063
Be careful it don't take much to catch the ZUK ADDICTION, most of us here have it. [thumbsup]
WELCOME , ask away, you will not get flamed here.

robert
 [whitesamside]    [whitesamurai]
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Reply #1064
Welcome Eric.  Like Robert said, this is a friendly bunch.  Ask away!  Don't be afraid to jump right in whatever conversation.  We kinda like to BS here.  ;D
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• HotrodHooptie
  • [*]
Reply #1065
Thanks guys, I appreciate the warm welcome! I have a couple questions I need answering ASAP, so I'll just start myself a thread.

I'm not far into the project yet but I think I've caught the Zuk fever from a pile of rust. ;)

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #1066
HotrodHooptie,

Be careful with rust induced Zuk Fever, sometimes it can be fatal to your pocket book.:o  You might put more money into saving the patient than it's worth. Sometimes spending a little more money on a healthier patient to start out with will result in a much better long term prognosis for your project.

Rust is kind of like cocaine, oh I can deal with a little of that, then it kind of snowballs. [worried]  I have a good friend who is a high end hot rod builder in California. He told me to buy the best body you can afford. I was shopping for a 1955 Chevy Sedan. I showed him a project that would cost me $5K to buy. But it would need $5K to sort the body work. I found another one for $6K and only had to send $2K to fix the body. I was able to save $2K that went towards a nice suspension instead of bodywork. Plus the down time to do the body repairs was a lot less. [thumbsup]

I can do mechanical repairs and welding, but my body work skills leave a little to be desired. I can't lay down paint very well either. If it can't be painted with a rattle can I leave it to the pro's.

Good luck with your project. [thumbsup]

There are only 2 types of Samurai's: Those we need & those we want!
9/13: Goldilocks 88.5 Samurai ST 29's on 15x7's
11/13: 95 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR Future parts car
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Steering Stabilizer,

• HotrodHooptie
  • [*]
Reply #1067
I appreciate the concern, haha! To be honest, the body is in really good shape. I have some holes to fix in the floor but the body is pretty much mint, hell even the seams where the wheel wells meet the fenders are in good shape. I had a rust out on the doors but I found solid replacements from a guy local for $20 a peice. I'll need to fix a dent in the rear door but it's all manageable. The tub is definitely worth saving. It's in good enough shape that even the heat and all the lights still work. [thumbsup]

I posted my question in the Samurai section a little early if you guys wanted to check it out.

• Pitorro
  • [*]
Reply #1068
Ok, so I'm new to this fantastic, I guess Sport thing. Just got me a new rusty toy, a 87 Sammy with a 94 Geo Tracker 1.6L Engine (Its need lots of work & updates). Why? Because I don't want to get anymore scratches on my 07 Taco, I need a Hunting ATV and a Dingy for my RV. So here I am. I have no idea about mechanical stuff... About me; Retired in 2015 after a 30 year combat career in the Army. I live down or up the road from Fort Bragg& Pope near Sanford and Cameron, NC. I love camping, hunting fishing and drinking dirty water (Whiskey, Rum..whatever) with ice. Got me a Jack Russell, a Wife and two grown daughters. And you'll can call me Randy.
Hope to meet you all soon with or without the Zuk.

• carolinarigman
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #1069
Got what we call the Zu coming up April 27th weekend at Uwharrie National Park. [idea]
It's generally the first spring group get together with a lot of the guys that live in 
driving distance. We gather up around the Eldorado area in NC. There's a post 
explaining what's supposed to happen started by Beekiller in General Chat.
Ask anything that's not understandable cause we "all" don't speak the same "Hillbilly"!
Welcome! (Almost forgot that part!) There are no bad questions to ask on here, as far
as seeking help or advice!  [thumbsup] :bluesamf:
Picture is of my Uwharrie campsite before I got my Zuk!

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Reply #1070
Got what we call the Zu coming up April 27th weekend at Uwharrie National Park. [idea]
It's generally the first spring group get together with a lot of the guys that live in
driving distance. We gather up around the Eldorado area in NC. There's a post
explaining what's supposed to happen started by Beekiller in General Chat.
Ask anything that's not understandable cause we "all" don't speak the same "Hillbilly"!
Welcome! (Almost forgot that part!) There are no bad questions to ask on here, as far
as seeking help or advice!  [thumbsup] :bluesamf:
http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content?topic=134363.0
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• nczuki
  • [*]
Reply #1071
welcome! thank you for your service to our great country! [thumbsup]