Skip to main content

Topic: Prayer chain (Read 61464 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Prayer chain
Reply #40
Thank you all for the prayers. Last night around one he got to feeling bad enough that he asked me to take him back to the er. The doped him up and got him admitted to the hospital and hes there now. He's in alot of pain when he's not doped up well. Their giving him IV anti-biotics and saline becase he was extremely dehydrated from all the sweating. He should be ok in a couple days after the antibiotics take care of the infection.

• durnzuki
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
Watch for staff infections.  That is what my dad has been suffering with.

• Bama Zuk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • I dont know squat!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Prayer chainp
Reply #42
Pm sent

• Skyman
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #43
My wife had to have her mitro valve (heart valve) repaired 6 months after we met.
The surgeon wasn't such a good guy, instead of replacing it like he should of, he tried to repair it with a new technique (she was 25 at the time). It didn;t work and after 9 hours her heart was in worse shape then before. The surgeon promptly move to Chicago (other coast).

We set out to ask for a few prayers the day after the surgery. She had to have another surgery within 6months or her heart would fail. The surgeon said because of what had been done by the previous surgeon and the condition of her heart afterwards, her odds were 50/50 and wanted us to know that up front.

In less than a three hour surgery he replaced her mitro valve(with a mechanical one) through a 2 inch opening (can't see the scar), within 2 weeks she was driving and caring for three kids before she went back to work. She's in better shape  than I am. She's 36 now and had the valve for about near 11 years

Faith and Prayer pulled us through, and make an absolute difference.
Thank you for all the prayers said because of this post, and Add me to the list please.
Proud parent of a U.S. Navy sailor.

• Newman
  • [*][*]
Reply #44
Wow...I am very new, one day new, but please count me in in any prayer circle you may need, we may not know each other, but we are all brothers living in the same ball ;)
Count me in,

Dan

• Bama Zuk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • I dont know squat!!!!!!!!!!
Reply #45
Please pray for fgials, he lost his father tonight to a heart attack.

• terboblue
  • [*]
Reply #46
prayers sent Bama

• Shmack
  • [*][*]
Reply #47
Pray for Bama's wife as she has sugery today. 9/25/08

• Skyman
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #48
prayers sent
Proud parent of a U.S. Navy sailor.

• Whitfield
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • I make NOMEX
Reply #49
Please Pray for my wife Holley Whitfield.

She was admitted to South Maryland Hospital Sunday. 

We had to stop and find a hospital while traveling back from Capn Crunch's.

Doctors here are still working to find what is wrong.

• Newman
  • [*][*]
Reply #50
Prayers sent

• Mr_DIY
  • [*]
  • Central Carolina Zuks
  • Veteran BBS Noob
Reply #51
sorry to hear about fgials father but I have to add to this list.

We lost Shannon's Dad the day before our wedding last week in Jamaica.  Heart attack due to his overlooking Dr.'s visits. We lost her Grandma a few months before and you guys know about Joe in April.

This year has been real tough for us so please keep us (her) in your prayers.
* This world is NOT full of victims. It's full of volunteers!
&
* Never ask permission from someone who only has authority to say no!

• paxtylzuk
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
  • Butter
Reply #52

sorry to hear about fgials father but I have to add to this list.

We lost Shannon's Dad the day before our wedding last week in Jamaica.  Heart attack due to his overlooking Dr.'s visits. We lost her Grandma a few months before and you guys know about Joe in April.

This year has been real tough for us so please keep us (her) in your prayers.

Sorry to hear about her dad, hopefully things will turn around soon.  Prayers sent.
KIO Reject

• ZukNsoon
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #53

thanks for this thread .. It allows us to share our story w/ others and that helps the  healing ..
  My dad had a stroke Jan 07 while sleeping. Just woke up and knew sometime wasn't right, for months doc's used him as a genie pig {try this , try this etc} , I for the most part watch my dad just fade away from there, then in July his mom was put in a assisted living home, well she died 3 weeks later, that put my dad in a state of mind set I couldn't understand. He was so depressed from the meds he was taken , and the pain from losing his mother, he took he own life from us Aug . 10th . That was more than my mom could take in a short time, to our suprise her sister died 2 weeks later.. This has taken a toll on my mom.  I try to be there for her as much as I can, but can't supply the security she felt from being w/ my dad for 46 yrs.
If I can ask for you'll to include her in your prayers I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for allowing me to share my story.
Tony!

wow .. I was just giving the paper work from my wife [IWILL STEALIT] {soon to be x} tonight, and told to get a lawyer... I have not shown her the support and feeling she needed to be married to me.. I just couldn't get her to get me a second chance or for us to get help w/ the marriage. At this time folks I'm asking for your help again. I haven't slept in 3 days , and I'm just a mess. If you could please add me, Kara,  and my mother to your prays we would be blessed w/ your help. It truly broke my heart to tell my mother this news.

thanks again,
Tony..
  • Last Edit: Wednesday, Nov 26, 2008, 09:47 PM by ZukNsoon

• zuki262
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #54
put in your prayers for the single parent women that have little ones  this christmas they have been getting layed off some are struggling just to keep the power on presents for them will be few to none

• zuki262
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #55
these are the ladies i work with and there stories run deeper

• Workamper
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #56

wow .. I was just giving the paper work from my wife [IWILL STEALIT] {soon to be x} tonight, and told to get a lawyer... I have not shown her the support and feeling she needed to be married to me.. I just couldn't get her to get me a second chance or for us to get help w/ the marriage. At this time folks I'm asking for your help again. I haven't slept in 3 days , and I'm just a mess. If you could please add me, Kara,  and my mother to your prays we would be blessed w/ your help. It truly broke my heart to tell my mother this news.

thanks again,
Tony..

I had the same thing happen to me 4 years ago next week. WE DID go for counseling, and she walked out in the middle of one session. I haven't seen her since. They tell me she is severely mentally ill, and living on the streets. My heart is still broke...

I pray for her safety nightly, and will put you in my prayers also

You have my deepest sympathies tony....

• dadstoybox
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • They call me ''Bubba''
Reply #57

thanks again,
Tony..

I am very sorry to hear this , you all are in our prayers
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus or occasionally pee pee on yourself...
You hang in there Sunshine, YOU'RE DADBURN SPECIAL

• yoothgeye
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Post padding is for losers.
Reply #58
There's a new baby that needs prayer.

Here's Cliff's Notes for those that don't like to read: My wife's brother/sister-in-law had baby by C-section monday, their fourth. Ashby is an insulin dependent diabetic who has had troubled pregnancies due to this. All babies born early and really big, this was their smallest, still a decent sized. Baby has some sort of infection and trouble breathing. Baby is considered critical but stable. Pray that the baby develop quickly and healthily.

Here's the report from my wife's brother David:

Hello all! Ashby asked me to send out a note to several people concerning the recent birth of our 4th child, Gabriel Jensen Evans. Some of you are more up to speed than others so please excuse the repeat info if you already know it.

The decision was made that Ashby’s condition was deteriorating quickly and the baby must come out. Monday the 15th (yesterday) they took the baby, Ashby was 34 weeks. Her preeclampsia was the culprit, once again. Initially things looked good, and the baby did well in the OR and initial check by NICU staff, receiving “at bar” scores in both locations of 9. (This is good) He was 7lbs 8oz and 19” long. Skin color is great, and he looks like a very healthy baby. (seems to look just like Aaron with Jonathans hair best we can tell)

Ashby is doing good, still very swollen, but better today. They did have to start Magnesium as her BP’s were about to “blow her top” as the physician stated it. This is one part she dreaded the whole pregnancy, but she has worked through it well. Today she has the tubes out, has gotten out of bed, visited Gabriel in NICU, and started eating a little bit. Her BP’s are still too high so the OB doc is encouraging a peaceful, relaxing, stress free environment for now. She still has another bridge or two to cross but all in all is doing very well. Please keep her continued improvement in your prayers.

Gabriel, however, is not quite out of the woods yet and the request for prayers concerning him is partly the purpose of this email. It did not take long on Monday for his condition to worsen. By lunch he had C-Pap on and needing a small amount of sedation to stay calm and not fight the oxygen. As the afternoon progressed his need for more oxygen grew. (To us this behavior was somewhat expected, as the other three kids needed C-Pap and oxygen for a couple of days, and even a little sedation too) Late Monday evening they eventually had to incubate him and take over his breathing for him. (a first for us) We found out early this morning. Due to this they had started regular blood work checks to monitor his lungs and hopefully begin to wean him off of the breathing machine. During this process they noticed a problem with his white cell count and have become concerned something bigger is wrong. Today around 12:30 the NICU physician came to our room to discuss the situation. (Not cool because I was sugar coating the info I was giving to Ashby until she got a little better and her BP’s came down, needless to say they are not coming down now as quickly as they should) Anyway, the physician informed us of the issue and asked tons of questions in hope he could find some clue as to what is wrong. He informed us of their current plan, they are taking a very aggressive approach to the situation, as he is very vulnerable right now. He also broke the news that based on his condition right now, he will spend some time in NICU and it would take nothing short of a miracle for him to turn around and be home for Christmas. They have started him on Antibiotics concerned that he may have an infection, which is uncommon in caesarean section deliveries.  I spoke with them a little while ago and they are preparing to num him up and do a Spinal Tap (Lumbar Puncture) to try and rule out Meningitis. They have his room dark and him in some sort of protective plastic case to isolate, calm, and relax him. They do not want him stimulated any more than necessary right now. We are not allowed to hold him, and they are asking us to be very quiet when we visit. They suspect that the preeclampsia could be causing this for Gabriel but they cannot prove this yet either. Now, I understand that their job is to be overly protective and assume the worst, until they can prove otherwise. That does not change the fact that my heart breaks for, not only myself and Gabriel, but especially for Ashby and soon the other kids. (The kids do not know the severity of the situation simply that he may not come home on Friday because he needs to rest and get stronger) They were looking so forward to him coming home on Friday and we know this will not happen now, unless something changes in a big way.

We believe that God is still in control, and that all things ultimately work to glorify Him and fulfill his will. Please take a moment and pray that Gabriel’s condition will turn around, even a quick word while you drive, anything will help. God tells us to be specific and we have been asking him regularly to care for Gabriel in an amazing way and get him better so he can go home soon and meet his family. We are truly blessed, even in our current state but that does not change our selfish desire for Gabriel to turn around and recover quickly. Wouldn’t it exhibit God’s incredible power for him to do a 180 and be home for Christmas, against the physicians predictions? God can do it!

Feel free to share this information with other family members or friends, I did not have everyone’s email address here with us at the hospital.

Thanks so much for those of you who have been calling and sending notes checking on us, we are truly blessed to have friends and family like you. If we can ever do anything for any of you, please ask. It would be our honor…

David & Ashby

After this report menengitis was not found, but something about it maybe coming back on another test? I don't understand it, but I do understand miracles.

Pray for the family, they are not allowed to touch or talk to the baby. They are keeping Gabriel sedated and on a breathing machine in a dark controlled room to simulate being in the womb. They want nothing to stimulate the baby. Ashby went in to see the baby today and wanted so badly to touch him, so she lightly stroked his arm and his blood pressure shot up and she had to leave.

Please offer up some prayers for Gabriel and family.
The last modified Samurai I saw on the road was mine leaving on a trailer.

• Biggerhammer
  • [*]
  • SM4x4ZC
Reply #59

There's a new baby that needs prayer.

Here's Cliff's Notes for those that don't like to read: My wife's brother/sister-in-law had baby by C-section monday, their fourth. Ashby is an insulin dependent diabetic who has had troubled pregnancies due to this. All babies born early and really big, this was their smallest, still a decent sized. Baby has some sort of infection and trouble breathing. Baby is considered critical but stable. Pray that the baby develop quickly and healthily.

Here's the report from my wife's brother David:

After this report menengitis was not found, but something about it maybe coming back on another test? I don't understand it, but I do understand miracles.

Pray for the family, they are not allowed to touch or talk to the baby. They are keeping Gabriel sedated and on a breathing machine in a dark controlled room to simulate being in the womb. They want nothing to stimulate the baby. Ashby went in to see the baby today and wanted so badly to touch him, so she lightly stroked his arm and his blood pressure shot up and she had to leave.

Please offer up some prayers for Gabriel and family.

Done.
I salute you Sir!