Author Topic: Help with wiring up a WARN 8274 8000lb winch  (Read 6882 times)

Offline jamiedouglas

• Wheeler
I need help with wiring the solenoid and winch correctly, the guy that had it before me cut all the wirings for some reason. I have been on pirate4x4 but they don't have a good wiring diagram
« Last Edit: Monday, April 23, 2007, 12:38:55 PM by jamiedouglas »

Offline ZUKIMON

• Krew Krawlers
  • Krew Krawlers
  • Crawlin' while you were still in diapers!
PM trailmasterC and see if he can help you. I know that he has one of the winches. ;)

I have a great wife. ;)

Offline edman87k5

• Locked Up

Offline samiv

• Stocker
Maybe you can tell me something, I have one of these on my 67 bronco. I  took it off to paint the vehicle and just reinstalled it. It seems to be working fine except one issue. When I try to run the line out (via the motor) it wont shut off. I have to pull the Pos line off the battery to kill it. Totaly messed up my line and I had to unspool it by hand. Do you have any clue? Did I miss wire something or is something broken? It rewinds fine, shuts off like it should when you let go of the toggle. One last detail, I have it wired to a dash mounted toggle, and the plug in toggle for standing outside the vehicle. It does the same thing from both toggles. Any ideas appreciated.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 21, 2011, 07:22:41 PM by samiv »

Offline Biggerhammer

• SM4x4ZC
  • 06-15-07 A true American Hero was lost.
Sounds like a bad solenoid.
I salute you Sir!

Offline fordcustom

• Trail Leader
Bad solenoid. If you didnt mess with any wiring.

Offline samiv

• Stocker
thanks for the input, I can still use it the way it is, just cant power out the spool. Is the solenoid the entire 4 piece unit or one of them that i can replace? If it is one of the sections, how would i isolate the bad one?

Offline Biggerhammer

• SM4x4ZC
  • 06-15-07 A true American Hero was lost.
You should be able to test them with a test light. Free spool out some cable and then have someone you can trust hit the switches one at a time. When they do this check the soleniods with the test light. You can also feel them and they will click when engaged. The one that is hanging up will stay engaged and get hot fast so be ready to unhook the power.
I salute you Sir!

Offline samiv

• Stocker
Thanks again, i will give this a try.