Skip to main content

Topic: How to post Pictures.......... Part 2 (windows users only) (Read 20989 times) previous topic - next topic

• NC Zuk
  • [*]
  • Zu Keeper
  • Box of Rocks!
How to post Pictures.......... Part 2 (windows users only)
Many people have been asking how to attach pics to their posts. The abality to attach pics has available for quite sometime but many try to do so and get the dreaded "YOUR PIC IS TOO LARGE" message. Well, now there is something that you can do about that! If you are a windows user you can download a photo resizing utility that is simple to install and use.

First you will need to download the software from Windows. You can use  this tool for XP Right clicking the pic after the install will take you to a menu that will produce a way to resize pictures. Its simple and free.

Once you have resized your pics (use the smallest setting for Zuwharrie) you are ready to attach them to your post!

So how do you attach it to a post? Easy! Below the text box (the place where you always type your response) there is a button that says "additional Options" Click it!!

Once it opens up you can attach pics by browsing your hard drive and clicking on your freshly resized photo!

You can attach up to 25 pics to EACH post that you make.

By attaching pictures this way you you prevent them from being deleted from the gallery ;)
  • Last Edit: Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005, 03:15 PM by nc_zuk
I am your flag; I was born on June 14th, 1777.  I am the refuge of the world’s oppressed people. I am the silent sentinel of freedom.

• sammi_davis
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • On the run
Re: How to post Pictures.......... Part 2 (windows users only)
Reply #1
This would be nice to use ... too bad IE is the devil  ;)

So it archives the pic to the gallery as you upload it to the thread ?
Yes I look like Fred

• dschwab9
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
No, it attaches the pic to the gallery, just like an email attachment.  Doesn't have anything to do with IE either.  You can do an attachment with any browser

Reply #3
Just wanted to say thanks for the how to here. Works great
Brian

• NC Zuk
  • [*]
  • Zu Keeper
  • Box of Rocks!
Reply #4

Just wanted to say thanks for the how to here. Works great
Brian

Yea, I can't remember who first posted this but I am thankful they did. You are right though, works great!
I am your flag; I was born on June 14th, 1777.  I am the refuge of the world’s oppressed people. I am the silent sentinel of freedom.

• Captjim
  • [*][*]
Reply #5
OK, how do you attach a wmv file? I have a neat 1MB video on how to save money on gas.
Always remember, nothing is ever as simple as it seems.
2012 CTS V Wagon
1962 Lotus 7 Replica with LS1
1962 Lotus 7 Replica With LS3
2010 Subaru Forrester
2007 BT Cruiser

• NC Zuk
  • [*]
  • Zu Keeper
  • Box of Rocks!
Reply #6

OK, how do you attach a wmv file? I have a neat 1MB video on how to save money on gas.

YOu have to put it in the photos and video section. Any other section can only handle a 75kb file. The Photos and Vid section has no limit ;)

• chrislj2
  • [*]
Reply #7
every time i got to attach an image it say has to be smaller then 100KB but all the pics i have are larger then that how do i make the pics smaller so i can post them

• stlhooked
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
did it work
If it aint broke fix it till it is.

• NC Zuk
  • [*]
  • Zu Keeper
  • Box of Rocks!
Reply #9

• zuknut
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #10
thanks Art. Been wandering how to do this! I'm gonna try it out tonight. :)

• stlhooked
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11

yep!
Are you in the Military? I lived there for a couple years while in the 82nd Airborne. I would sure hate to go to war without those guys! Airborne "All The Way".
I'm out now.
If it aint broke fix it till it is.

• NC Zuk
  • [*]
  • Zu Keeper
  • Box of Rocks!
Reply #12

Are you in the Military? I lived there for a couple years while in the 82nd Airborne. I would sure hate to go to war without those guys! Airborne "All The Way".
I'm out now.

Yea, I'm an Army guy. ODA 752, 7th Special Forces Group

• nemo
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #14
Art, has anyone used this with Vista? If so did they have any problems?

Thanks
Ed

• sammi_davis
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • On the run
Reply #15

Art, has anyone used this with Vista? If so did they have any problems?

Thanks
Ed

Art was killed in Afghanistan last summer  :\\\'(

Now to answer your question , Vista is having some issues with a lot of stuff . I sent my new tower with Vista on it back because it wouldnt work with so many applications .
If you cant get it to direct upload try photobucket.com as a host .
Yes I look like Fred

• nemo
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #16
Thanks Greg, I am new to the site and did not connect the Art. I really pray that our men get to come home soon, we have lost so many and I can only imagine the suffering of the families.

I have already set up with photobucket.com

When I posted on this thread I did not realize photobucket would down size images - have not used it much. I will check it out and see if I can figure it out.

Again Thanks for a Great Site
Ed

• bama jama
  • [*]
Reply #17
Pic?
Bill.'91 2wd 1.6 Weber,Calmini header

• nemo
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #18

Pic?

Hello bama jama
Are you asking for pic's, or asking if I figured out how to post them on the site?
If you are asking to see some they are on photobucket (http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm37/etnemo/)
If you are if I fugured out how to post them - not yet have not had time to play with photobucket to down size them.

Where abouts you live in Mont., I am just above the river in Wetumpka.

Thanks
Ed

• bama jama
  • [*]
Reply #19
Hey Ed! I'm in the Eastbrook-Morningveiw area. I was trying to figure out how to post a pic.  I think I got it. Where in Wetu are you.  My daughter and her family live off Redland Rd. Thats a nice Zook you have. I looked at your pics when you first ran it for sale. I didn't know you were so close. Not many nice Samis for sale around here.  Bill
Bill.'91 2wd 1.6 Weber,Calmini header