Skip to main content

Topic: Favorite Mex dish? (Read 226 times) previous topic - next topic

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Favorite Mex dish?
Current situation in Garner, NC.
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• Mr. Black
  • [*][*][*]
Re: Favorite Mex dish?
Reply #1
Chili Colorado will always be my favorite.   

Barbacoa beef is another favorite.   

I like all sorts of simple Mexican foods that have not been too americanized.   

When we traveled to Mexico in the past I was always surprised how simple the same name of food was compared to a restaurant in the states.  
1988 Samurai.  
ZOR Turbo. 40mm Harley. 6.5s. YJs. 33x10.50 KM2s on TMI beadlocks.

• aftermarket4x4
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • One Man Army!
Reply #2
Carnita's ...YUM! 8)

I learned how to make them after coming back from Costa Rica and they are actually considered a South American Dish and not just Mexican.
Never miss an opportunity to spend time with family and friends!

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #3
Chile Rellano de Pollo!! There use to be a Mexican resturant chain in California called Alcapulco's. They made a chile rellano stuffed with chicken and cheese that was out of this world!!!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
There are only 2 types of Samurai's: Those we need & those we want!
9/13: Goldilocks 88.5 Samurai ST 29's on 15x7's
11/13: 95 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR Future parts car
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Steering Stabilizer,

• carolinarigman
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #4
I think Sean should cook for us at the Zu!! ;D
Mexican food would be great!! [lol]
Picture is of my Uwharrie campsite before I got my Zuk!

• onedesertdog
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Honorary Member, Krew-Krawlers. Desert Division
Reply #5
8) Mmmmm.....Fajitas. I like the way they did the rice/beans with the pico de gallo and that killer green chili.......

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #6
The pico and chili were on a bar for adding to taste.  And the taste was quite good.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #7
Well since I'm working down on the Tex/Mex border for the next week and a half, I'll see what flavorful dishes I can order and photograph.  But Carne asada is a top contender for my favorite, followed closely by Menudo.   Since grandma died I haven't had real Mexican food in years.  

• carolinarigman
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #8
Careful of all that "Northbound" foot traffic down there!
Could cause a Stampede! :o
Picture is of my Uwharrie campsite before I got my Zuk!

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #9
Well if only the whole truth about exactly how many people cross daily would be revealed, most people would be shocked.  Our operation in two counties yields thousands a week that are captured and processed.  That's doesn't include those who escape detection and apprehension.  That's two counties of many along Tex/Mex border, and doesn't include all the other states.  Ok enough of that, back to delicious foods.  Hopefully pics to come shortly.

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #10
Made a quick stop at a no name mom and pop restaurant for beef fajita tacos.  Hand made flour tortillas, fresh cilantro, onions etc.  Doen here tortillas are the size a little bigger than a softball.  They believe in smaller but many versus a few and big.  Oh and this green sauce has to be made with the sweat of the devil, its great tasting but has me on fire!

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #11
Sure looks good!  Mom and pop joints are always the best.  Especially the ones with 58 cars in front of a building with seating for 20.   ;D

• onedesertdog
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Honorary Member, Krew-Krawlers. Desert Division
Reply #12
Made a quick stop at a no name mom and pop restaurant for beef fajita tacos.  Hand made flour tortillas, fresh cilantro, onions etc.  Doen here tortillas are the size a little bigger than a softball.  They believe in smaller but many versus a few and big.  Oh and this green sauce has to be made with the sweat of the devil, its great tasting but has me on fire!
We call the small ones Street Tacos.....squeeze some lime on that Carnita and put on the tomatillo salsa and stand back.....

• Lizooki
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • Official ZUWHARRIE HANDHOLDER
Reply #13
MY fav mex food is Pollo Potossino ..... think ACP with BACON!

But this is my fav Mexican dish.......

• Newfie-Zuk
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #14

Oh sweet YUM YUMS  !!!!    ;D ;D ;D
If you are doing a Job , it's always quicker to do it right the first time ...  Cheers.... :)

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #15
Dang Matt.  Never knew you were into that sort of thing.  Not sure we should mention tacos.

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #16
I'll take two please!

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
Reply #17
Street tacos that come from the little truck on the side of the road!

Mmmm, mmmm!

• Newfie-Zuk
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #18

We had Tacos for Supper  !!  [approve] [approve]
If you are doing a Job , it's always quicker to do it right the first time ...  Cheers.... :)

• TD57
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #19
Tacos, enchiladas, chile rellenos, carnita or carne asada burritos....
If I had to choose....   :-\\\\  
A good plate of Chile Rellenos, beans, rice & tillas  mmmm   ;D