Skip to main content

Topic: New tires and wheels (Read 176 times) previous topic - next topic

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
New tires and wheels
Well got new 15x8 wheels and 30x9.5x15 tires.  I think it looks good and hopefully the tires do good for my needs.  Disregard the strap up front PO had it to hold something while towing it behind RV.  It will be gone soon.  It doesn't make it too wide of a stance in my opinion.  Thanks for looking.

• carolinarigman
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Re: New tires and wheels
Reply #1
Looks Great! [thumbsup]
Picture is of my Uwharrie campsite before I got my Zuk!

• Mr. Black
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #2
Nothing freshens up a Samurai like new shoes.     [thumbsup]
1988 Samurai.  
ZOR Turbo. 40mm Harley. 6.5s. YJs. 33x10.50 KM2s on TMI beadlocks.

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #3
Looks very nice! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]  What brand of tire did you use?
There are only 2 types of Samurai's: Those we need & those we want!
9/13: Goldilocks 88.5 Samurai ST 29's on 15x7's
11/13: 95 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR Future parts car
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Steering Stabilizer,

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Reply #4
Looks good.

robert
 [whitesamside]  [whitesamurai]  [popcorn]
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #5
Melbakid I went with some cheap Centennial Terra Commander tires.  Nothing real fancy but will serve my purpose well.  Got them at at cost from a local company we do lots of business with.  We will see how they work.

• Hoppy_islander
  • [*]
Reply #6
What size lift are u running? I'm interested cause that's the size tire I would like to put on mine. After I do a YJ spring swap. 

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #7
My Sami has a basic SPOA with OEM leaf springs, and OEM perches welded over axle.  I'm not real happy with the current suspension setup as man it is rough.  I'm thinking on redoing the SPOA with quality components and longer /better shocks.  

• carolinarigman
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #8
Like that tread design! Let us know how it Throws the Snow!! ;D
Picture is of my Uwharrie campsite before I got my Zuk!

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #9
Melbakid I went with some cheap Centennial Terra Commander tires.  Nothing real fancy but will serve my purpose well.  Got them at at cost from a local company we do lots of business with.  We will see how they work.
Never heard of them, are they a local company or nation wide? Nice aggressive tread pattern! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Steering Stabilizer,

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #11
No they are a national company.  Nothing fancy or top shelf, but average mid tires.

http://centennialtires.com/products/tires/terra-commander/#.WL1pfjxOKEc
I like these tires!! Went to their website (thanks for the post) and the closest store is 493 miles from me down in Las Vegas. :P

• Mr. Black
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #12
If you've never driven a Samurai on YJ springs then you are missing out big time.  

The difference is so night and day that you would think a SPOA stock spring samurai has solid welded suspension lol.  I hated my Samurai SPOA stock springs.  It rode like complete crap.  

The only trouble with SPOA YJs is it can be a little tall for some peoples liking.  

It rides so dang well that I ignore the inch of extra height I could do with out.  
1988 Samurai.  
ZOR Turbo. 40mm Harley. 6.5s. YJs. 33x10.50 KM2s on TMI beadlocks.

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #13
Well I'm not sure what I'm going to suspension wise.  It's not an ideal ride on pavement with small bumps I can only imagine off road.  It's a SPOA with original shocks, springs and factory perches on top.  I'm looking into all options now.  I'll start with the yj setup and look at all options.  Thanks