Skip to main content

Topic: WTB : Split headrests / jx headrest (Read 586 times) previous topic - next topic

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
WTB : Split headrests / jx headrest
Looking for a clean, uncracked set of jx headrests...

The headrests with the extra bar across the center

Lmk!  [black_s]

• onedesertdog
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Honorary Member, Krew-Krawlers. Desert Division
Re: WTB : Split headrests / jx headrest
Reply #2
Bought these for my 88.5, then replaced the seats before I installed them. Not like yours. Approx. 8 11/16 center of pin to pin

• onedesertdog
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #3
dang phone...

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
Reply #4
Thanks for the reply, but the set I am looking for is like the ones in the first post...

There is a set on ebay, but the seller must be smokin some of that good stuff! ($130 with $60 shipping?!!??!?!?)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-SUZUKI-Samurai-Jimny-JA11-Genuine-product-front-headrest-EMS-SHIPPING-/252439999537?hash=item3ac698b431:g:djsAAOSw-4BXcKyc&vxp=mtr

The "extra bar" thingy across the middle of the headrest is the set I am after...(I think they are technically JX headrests?)

I had 2 sets like yours and sold a set on ebay recently, ugh they didn't really sell that well!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Samurai-OEM-Head-Rest-Headrest-Front-Seat-1986-1995-/112187741601?hash=item1a1ee915a1:g:UmUAAOSwn7JYFl4Q&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Samurai-OEM-Head-Rest-Headrest-Front-Seat-1986-1995-/112187742590?hash=item1a1ee9197e:g:9a8AAOSw5cNYFl8Q&vxp=mtr

Thanks again for the post, much appreciated!  [red_s] [black_s]

• onedesertdog
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #5
No problem. I forgot I even had them until I saw your pic.lol
Good luck on your search.

8)

• Snydermann
  • [*][*]
Reply #6
Looks like they are still available new from Suzuki for about $100.00 each, so yea $190.00 for a pair of used ones is nuts.

86401-70A00-5GS or 5GU . . . last three digits probably being color choice.
Pedantic ~ overly concerned with minute details.  I figured if Peter Griffin could use it, so could I.

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
Reply #7
Where do you see them as new from Suzuki Snyderman? (link to SGP seller/Suzuki parts website?)

Still looking!

Bump!

• Snydermann
  • [*][*]
Reply #8
Where do you see them as new from Suzuki Snyderman? (link to SGP seller/Suzuki parts website?)

Still looking!

Bump!
I've been using www.megazip.net with great results so far.  For the next week or so they are offering free shipping from Japan for an order of $299.00 or more.  Often they have 10% discounts, follow their Facebook link for 3% off.  I use PayPal.
Russian company that drop ships items from Japan.  Excellent website navigation.  Items ship in about 10 to 15 business days, arrive by Japan EMS with tracking, excellent packaging.  Good communication from their managers if there is a delay with some items on the order. I have ordered some items that weren't available and the money was refunded.
I think I am on my 5th order of parts.  I understand there is some risk with any overseas purchases, you should probably be aware of that too.
Photo is my last haul of Genuine Suzuki Made in Japan Samurai parts from MegaZip.
  • Last Edit: Sunday, Feb 05, 2017, 10:22 AM by Snydermann
Pedantic ~ overly concerned with minute details.  I figured if Peter Griffin could use it, so could I.

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
Reply #9
Lookin good!

I like those floor mat/inserts!

Sweet!  [black_s]

• Snydermann
  • [*][*]
Reply #10
Lookin good!

I like those floor mat/inserts!

Sweet!  [black_s]
Thanks!  My favorite part is the driver's side seat bottom upholstery (the only piece still available).  I wasn't sure it would match, so I only ordered one.  When I confirmed it matched, then I ordered a second to modify to fit the passenger side.  Then I thought I would get two more and sew the inserts into the seat backs, because the new upholstery looked so good.
Gone!  I got the last two of those parts in Suzuki's inventory, now listed as discontinued.

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
Reply #11
I think I found a set!

Thanks @suzukij‍ 

[black_s]

• Mr. Black
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #12
I think I have a set of these un cracked if your deal falls through.  
1988 Samurai.  
ZOR Turbo. 40mm Harley. 6.5s. YJs. 33x10.50 KM2s on TMI beadlocks.

• Mr. Black
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #14
That is the nicest stock suzuki samurai interior I think I have ever seen!   [red_s]
1988 Samurai.  
ZOR Turbo. 40mm Harley. 6.5s. YJs. 33x10.50 KM2s on TMI beadlocks.

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
Reply #15
Thanks!

Pops taught me a thing or two while doing the seats!

:welder:

The quarter/door panels are jdm jimny trim...

Now I need to do the headliner, but have been debating a sunroof  [thumbsup]  [idea]

But finally, some split headrests!

I'm cheese'n  ;D

• suzukij
  • [*]
Reply #16
  Glad I could help! That Samurai looks great!!  [thumbsup]

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #17
Thanks!

Pops taught me a thing or two while doing the seats!

:welder:

The quarter/door panels are jdm jimny trim...

Now I need to do the headliner, but have been debating a sunroof  [thumbsup]  [idea]

But finally, some split headrests!

I'm cheese'n  ;D
Are you sure you want a sunroof in Sacratomato? Man you will burn your noggin up! Besides with all the rain Cali is getting now you might spring a leak in the roof! [lol]  Just food for thought. Be careful what you wish for. Been there, done that!
There are only 2 types of Samurai's: Those we need & those we want!
9/13: Goldilocks 88.5 Samurai ST 29's on 15x7's
11/13: 95 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR Future parts car
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Steering Stabilizer,

• Aids10
  • [*]
Reply #18
My sunroof has a plastic sun screen; original owner kept it in his attic all this time ;D

I've got it up there permanently as it doesn't affect its operation; cuts the sun not the wind [thumbsup]
  • Last Edit: Sunday, Mar 19, 2017, 10:35 PM by Aids10