Skip to main content

Topic: Dec 23 Richlands run (Read 735 times) previous topic - next topic

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Dec 23 Richlands run
We will meet at Burger King in Lenoir at 10am.  Bring lunch for the trail!  [thumbsup]
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• onedesertdog
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Honorary Member, Krew-Krawlers. Desert Division
Re: Dec 23 Richlands run
Reply #1
We will meet at Burger King in Lenoir at 10am.  Bring lunch for the trail!  [thumbsup]
When you say "Bring Lunch", is that code talk for Samurota is going?

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #2
There is a chance he may see this.. ;D

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• AeroBoost
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
Reply #3
lol no, it's code for we'll be gone all day and there's nowhere to buy food in the woods  ;D ;D ;D
You cain't buy it that way...

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Reply #4
Is there going to be anywhere to unload the trail sammi or do I need to drive MawMaws TinTop ?

robert
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #5
The tintop may be better for this run.  Not sure where one would park a tow rig.  And we come out on a different road too.  Glad you're thinking of going!  [thumbsup]

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #6
What kind of terrain are you talking about. Easy,or hard trails. The TinTop is open both ends. I would need to put in another t-case before the trip . I don't want to hold anyone up. I don't even know if we are off  work or not.
robert
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #7
What kind of terrain are you talking about. Easy,or hard trails. The TinTop is open both ends. I would need to put in another t-case before the trip . I don't want to hold anyone up. I don't even know if we are off  work or not.
robert
Terrain is easy.  There are some decent obstacles but can be bypassed. 

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #8
Depending on work I might try to make it in MawMaws TinTop. I would love to wheel a stocker again.

robert

• barney fife
  • [*]
Reply #9
Is there anywhere close by that I could park my truck and trailer if I can make it

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #10
How far would you consider close by?  The closest parking would probably be Walmart in Lenoir, which would be about 10 or 15 highway miles to get there.  Then several miles of backroads for the return.  

• barney fife
  • [*]
Reply #11
Oh okay I didn't know if there was a spot a little closer to the trail lol just a couple of miles away

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #12
Oh okay I didn't know if there was a spot a little closer to the trail lol just a couple of miles away
If you don't mind some highway, be good to have you!  [thumbsup]

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #13
T-case changed in the TinTop,test driving now. Where is the BK for those of us coming from out of town.
robert
Is this gonna be kid friendly?

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #14
BK is on Hwy 321.  Of course it's kid friendly.  [thumbsup]

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #15
Looking at Giggle maps, the quickest route sends you through Wilkesboro.  We can just meet and ride from there if ya like.  

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #16
Looking at Giggle maps, the quickest route sends you through Wilkesboro.  We can just meet and ride from there if ya like.
Tell me where and when to meet y'all. Test drive went well,  If nothing comes up between now and Thursday I'll be there. Don't know exactly where but I'll be there.

robert

• AeroBoost
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
Reply #17
...Don't know exactly where but I'll be there.

robert
36 07 14.73 -81 35 43.15
^Copy and paste that into Google maps  ;D ;D ;D

we'll go in here:
36.062745, -81.606387
and we'll come out here:
36.158972, -81.620479

unless we fumble the back roads back to Lenior  :D

• AeroBoost
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
Reply #18
Tell me where and when to meet y'all.
robert
Burger King
102 Blowing Rock Blvd
Lenoir, NC 28645

35.914697, -81.524386

10am

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #19
Burger King
102 Blowing Rock Blvd
Lenoir, NC 28645

35.91469 Rd7, -81.524386

10am
It's only Tuesday, depending on how folks feel I'll be there. Will check with y'all again Thursday evening.
Hope you feel better soon Bryan. If you're not over the flu and don't think you should go, please don't be  afread to let us know. I understand completely. I am willing to put off ride if I need too. The kids no nothing about it yet. I've learned, don't say anything until the day before.
robert
  • Last Edit: Tuesday, Dec 20, 2016, 12:16 PM by buckhornbob